HELP - SEARCH - MEMBERS - CALENDAR
Full Version: Matthews Monster
Primos Cabin Chat > Primos® Cabin Chat > Equipment
brickit
Do you own one have a friend that does.or just what you might have heard.I'm kinda looking for a different bow but I'm looking at what dealer / pro shops that are around here,the closest is a bowtech but the guy is kind of a jerk he rodent want to work on your bow if you didn't buy it from him the next closest is a Matthews dealer that I have heard great things about been there once and from what I remember he was very cool.the reason I like the monster is I really like dual cam bows and I like the look I shot one when they first came out so I need to shoot one to see how I like the feel,if I remember I liked it I just couldn't afford it at the time.
StruttinBuck
I have never shot one but I've heard that they are very nice shooting bows! I'd love to shoot one but the local dealer doesn't carry them, they just stock the z7 series bows and the helium. They can order them but they don't like ordering a bow unless your positively gonna buy it. If it shoots anything like my z7 magnum does I'd be afraid to shoot it cause then I'd want another bow! laugh.gif If you happen to get one you'll have ta let me know what ya think of um!
elkgrunt
Stick with Bowtech.
brickit
Elkgrunt Thanks for the advice fanboy lol
Bill Lewis
I have an MR7 and just got an MR8. Advice, get it 1/2" shorter than your normal drive, it makes a different. I hunted with my MR7 las season and loved it. Really fast and shoot great. Else anything in their line is great to shoot.
Bill
mejeremyb
It's a nice bow. It has more vibration and is not as smooth. That Bowtech Destroyer is VERY sweet. I'd check into it if I were you. Myself I switched from the Mathews Z7 last season to a Hoyt CRX32 that I absolutely love. My second choice would have been the Bowtech though. In fact I'm thinking about buying one anyways. I have more than one brand of rifle so why not have more than one brand of bow? Chances are the Bowtech guy is prolly a nice guy. I've met a LOT of proshop guys like that. You have to look at it from their perspective. Why waste his time with piddly stuff when he wasn't worth buying from in the first place? It's kind of like a slap in the face to go buy something and spend BIG money somewhere else then want them to work on it for 5-10 bucks here and there. Most of the time if you buy a bow from a bow shop and need anything done to it then they take care of you pretty well. All that bein said though some guys are just jerks and he may be one of them. LOL Good luck!!!
StruttinBuck
My best friend shoots a destroyer 350, he even thinks its a very loud bow, but I have shot the invasion and it is very smooth and quiet, I've heard nothing but good about the bowtech insanity, I looked at one last night at the local bowtech shop, I may shoot it side by side with my z7 magnum and compare it one of these days, with all the good I've heard about it its gotta be worth taking a look at
jcELK
QUOTE(brickit @ Feb 4 2012, 09:57 PM) *

Do you own one have a friend that does.or just what you might have heard.I'm kinda looking for a different bow but I'm looking at what dealer / pro shops that are around here,the closest is a bowtech but the guy is kind of a jerk he rodent want to work on your bow if you didn't buy it from him the next closest is a Matthews dealer that I have heard great things about been there once and from what I remember he was very cool.the reason I like the monster is I really like dual cam bows and I like the look I shot one when they first came out so I need to shoot one to see how I like the feel,if I remember I liked it I just couldn't afford it at the time.

I hear of a lot of people that like em. I've shot one, but didn't care much for it. The brace height is to short for me!
arkybohunter
if you can shot that brace hight go for it and now with the mr 7and 8 they have addressed the brace hight issue. I would shot the insanity befor buying but the monster is a great bow too. good luck thats part of the fun the hunt....for the buck or the bow there both fun enjoy.
bowin_in_illinois
QUOTE(brickit @ Feb 4 2012, 08:57 PM) *

Make a road trip and come see me! smile.gif
brickit
I just might Eric.
Todd Imiola
I would suggest going to the local proshop and try out a bunch of bows and see what feels best in your hands. You may be surprised what you might pick. Try out the Elite bows if you get a chance, they are awesome, and that's not just my opinion but many from the ATA show this year too.
brickit
Thanks Todd I'm planning on doing just that in a couple days.I have a elite bow now but I'm just lookin for something alittle faster,plus the closest dealer is real hard to catch.I like it I've just had some problems with it.
Mr. Mangler
Ever wonder why everybody compares each different type of bow to matthews bows? Weird huh.... wink.gif
Bowhunter81
I will tell you why, Mathews is simply top of the line and the best bow around. biggrin.gif
rrudder4
QUOTE(Mr. Mangler @ Feb 8 2012, 09:45 AM) *

Ever wonder why everybody compares each different type of bow to matthews bows? Weird huh.... wink.gif

Couldn't agree more!
alwayshuntn
I have a Monster 7 and I think its the whip! I would advise you to shoot as many bows as possible, things that shoot good for me, might not for you. And if that guy at the bowtech store doesnt want you to do just that, then he isnt much of a prostaff, or bow shop owner. When I purchased my bow, I shot everything my local shop had, and then went to his competitors and shot all he had. I came back to my local shop only because I have always wanted a Mathews, and after shooting a bunch of different ones, I realized all the hype had backing. The local shop guy helped me all the way, even when I was going somewhere else, a true shop owner with a focus on customers!
I love my bow and it shoots awsome. More than enough kinetic energy to kill any north american game. Smooth, rock solid back wall and light. Everything I wanted. I hope you find what you want, good luck!
arkybohunter
same deal with me I shot every thing I could get my hands on and my local guy was very helpful how ever I ended up buying a bow somwhere else but I still plain to spind alot of my money with my local shop and the big reason for that is the shop has great costomer service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.