Full Version: New World Record Mule Deer
Primos Cabin Chat > Primos® Cabin Chat > Blacktail/Mule Deer Hunting
Deadeye&Doeswell
Pending

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...pe=1&ref=nf
SWarner1028
Wow what a monster!
buckykm1
Nice buck, i can't wait to get that issue.

Kevin
nyturkeyduster
What a brute!

On a side note, I hope the decline of mule deer stops. It would be a shame if we lost a huntable population. I assume habitat destruction and competing with whitetails is the main cause.
Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3
Good lord....I just hope Mossback or someone like that wasn't involved!

Brenner, in Wyoming it's really the winters. The last few winters have been AWFUL on the mule deer heard with so much snow and brutal temps, as well as the G&F doing nothing to change the regulations. This year's mild winter is truly a blessing in disguise for the animals. I went to the winter range yesterday and saw tons of deer, and tons of bucks! I might not be able to ice fish for big lake trout, but at least the deer are doing good this winter
jcELK
QUOTE(Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3 @ Jan 26 2012, 06:40 PM) *

Good lord....I just hope Mossback or someone like that wasn't involved!

Brenner, in Wyoming it's really the winters. The last few winters have been AWFUL on the mule deer heard with so much snow and brutal temps, as well as the G&F doing nothing to change the regulations. This year's mild winter is truly a blessing in disguise for the animals. I went to the winter range yesterday and saw tons of deer, and tons of bucks! I might not be able to ice fish for big lake trout, but at least the deer are doing good this winter

That's huge!
Trent, I swear I think it's the bears in my area! I see more bears year after year, and less deer. I think they must be hard on the fawns?
Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3
That could be for that area....I'm all for thinning them out a little! smile.gif
SWarner1028
QUOTE(jcELK @ Jan 26 2012, 11:02 PM) *

That's huge!
Trent, I swear I think it's the bears in my area! I see more bears year after year, and less deer. I think they must be hard on the fawns?

Bear actually do a number on fawns. Where I hunt has a lot of bear and hardly no little deer. Even my dad brought it up that he hasn't been seeing smaller deer too. One day my uncle did a one of those fawn can calls during bow season and he had a bear charge out of the swamp at him. Between bear and coyote, they are fawn killers.
Todd Imiola
Seen the deer at the ATA show. That's all I can say is WOW!
Bowhunter81
What a brute. How many of you have been to the Cabelas in Kansas City? They have a the world largest collection of giant Mule Deer. Just breath taking. I used to live down there and was in that store about once a week. Good for your health, bad for the check book. laugh.gif
BigT
Wow!! That thing is a freak!

On a side note....I didn't think B&C or P&Y accepted velvet bucks??
stoutk
Holy Smokes!
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
cmiddleton
cool.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif tongue.gif
Slider
What a BRUTE!!!
nyturkeyduster
QUOTE(BigT @ Jan 30 2012, 01:43 PM) *

Wow!! That thing is a freak!

On a side note....I didn't think B&C or P&Y accepted velvet bucks??

I thought you could just peel the velvet off at that point, I've seen them do it with caribou on TV.
cmiddleton
P&Y has a velvet catagory
187Elk
Yeah got that in the mail a couple of days ago...Cody kills a few small deer! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lockhartkent
My neighbor has #4 non typical KS but not quite like Cody's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.