HELP - SEARCH - MEMBERS - CALENDAR
Full Version: Hoot Tube
Primos Cabin Chat > Primos® Cabin Chat > Turkey Hunting
eric floyd
hey guys i have just purchased a palmers hoot tube. just wanted to know what everybody else thinks about it and what not. compare it to your other owl call or another one you have or had. just thought this would be interesting to hear about since they are so popular.
BAP
i bought 1 when they first came out and liked it alot, never used any others so i cant compareit to any.
then i learned to use my voice and thats what i do now..
eric floyd
any little tips on how to use your voice or you just try and sound like an owl
I Hunt 365
I like the hoot tube... "best" is subjective, as there are several good ones... Hook's makes a good one... for the price I don't think you can beat the Palmer's hoot tube... it is very easy to use...

if you look at the list of winners for the NWTF GNCC you will see the name Palmer quite a bit in the last few years for owl hooting... must work good....

http://www.nwtf.org/special_events/calling...ns_bourbon.html
Gobble_adict
I love my hoot tube. Tried the Primos Power Owl and it sounds more like a duck call than anything. In my opinion the hoot tube is the best.

To sound like a barred owl...."Who cooks for you, Who cooks for you all." is the caidence that I use and I think most people use.

Good luck

Rex
peter/pmr
I do "who,who cooks for you,who cook for you all"I think Rex left that out by accident!But that is what works for me,and I use and HS Strutt call!
eric floyd
thanks guys i know the cadence and all i was just wondering about how you make an owl sound using your own voice. and i think the same way i have the primos power owl and i can't even put it in the same picture as the hoot tube love mine.
BAP
there is no way i can explain it, sorry but it sounds just like an owl..

just listen to the owls and keep trying untill you get it .
it took me a couple years to really get good at it, but i can now call owls in from the ridge across from my house..
eric floyd
thats about what i figured. thats how a lot of things go with turkey hunting you just do it and practice till you get it but would be cool to learn to do it with my voice one day
Dr.Death
I do the same cadence as Rex. It works for me an sounds fine. I dont use it as much as I chould but it sounds fine when I do.

The Dr.
Gobble Freak
I too have the primos and Plamers, i wouldn't put the primos in with the plamers. I too am working on my voice almost there but have trouble with being able to rely on it.
icdedturkes
There is no comparison a Hooks Harrison Hoot N Stick flat out whoops the Palmers by a long shot. I am talkin the plastic Hooks vs the Wood Palmers all day long. Hooks has no Reed rattle that the Palmers has, and about half the air is required to get owl outta the Hooks vs the Palmers.

As for the folks who mentioned the Palmers in Competition. The Palmers blown in comp are by no means the H.S. version but are instead the original Palmers hoot tube which are virtually un availiable.

Harrison Hoot N Stick
I Hunt 365
QUOTE(icdedturkes @ Apr 2 2009, 01:42 AM) *

As for the folks who mentioned the Palmers in Competition. The Palmers blown in comp are by no means the H.S. version but are instead the original Palmers hoot tube which are virtually un availiable.

my point was that the Palmer's know a thing or two about what an owl call should be... and that if they are putting their name on it that is likely a good sign...

hook's makes good calls... and I stated in my first post that the hooks stick was also good for the money...

there are actually better ones than hooks if you want to spend the $$....

however, I'm not sure how you define one as better than the other in a hunting situation if both make the turkey gobble? That's why I said there is no "best", but that there are several good ones that stand out...
birdman67
I dont know about comparing the Palmers with anything else. It is all I have ever used. I will say a friend of mine has a Hoot Flute and it has worked well also. The Palmers is my personal choice because I have had countless responses to it.
icdedturkes
QUOTE(I Hunt 365 @ Apr 2 2009, 12:24 PM) *

there are actually better ones than hooks if you want to spend the $$....

Curious whichones wink.gif
shoe74
i had three owl calls hoot tube barrel owl and power owl hoot tube best by far when you do who cooks for you all vibrateyour toung i got alot of gobbles that way cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.