HELP - SEARCH - MEMBERS - CALENDAR
Full Version: How to make a food plot drag?
Primos Cabin Chat > Primos® Cabin Chat > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Treejunkie
I want to build a drag for my tractor to use on my food plots. Anyone make one that works well? Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
MCDillinois
I am assuming that you want the drag for after you broadcast your seed. If so, a good old fashion wooden pallett will work fine. But if you want something that works great, just find a piece of chain link fence. You can wire a pipe on the backend to keep it from bouncing and level out the soil a bit. Both of these will work fine.
Average Joe
an old carpet works also... as long as you keep the front edge straight (wooden lathe and staple gun) your in business. Good luck
SHANE(WA)
I used a pallet also but I modified it to tear the ground up more.I took some hard wood pieces and screwed them down the length of the pallet on both sides and ran some large bolts through the pallet so they stuck out a few inches.I put some weight on top (if needed) and this worked great and was free other than the bolts.
Bowhunter_4_life
QUOTE(MCDillinois)
I am assuming that you want the drag for after you broadcast your seed.  If so, a good old fashion wooden pallett will work fine.  But if you want something that works great, just find a piece of chain link fence.  You can wire a pipe on the backend to keep it from bouncing and level out the soil a bit.  Both of these will work fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.