HELP - SEARCH - MEMBERS - CALENDAR
Full Version: Best choke for 835?
Primos Cabin Chat > Primos® Cabin Chat > Turkey Hunting
Tennesseeturkey
I am looking to buy a new choke for my mossburg 835. Just wondering what choke some of you other 835 users may have had the best luck with. Any suggestions on shell and shot size to go with it?
TONY SEABORN
TRY THE UNDERTAKER FROM HS STRUT. KILL TURKEYS AT 55 YARDS NO PROBLEM. WIN. 3 1/2 #5. I HAVE TRIED 5 OTHER BRANDS OF CHOKES .
Neal Travis
I have a 2004 835 realtree hd green with ported barrel.
I have 4 chokes that I have tried.
1. Mossberg stock xtra full turkey choke.
2. H.S Strut Undertaker
3. Truglo Strut-Stopper
4. Star Dot

From the testing that I have done I will probably use the Star Dot in my gun Apr 2.
I think Walmart carried them at one time but I haven't seen any at the walmarts here in west Tn. I have also seen a bunch of them on ebay and very reasonable. Look at the sellers feedback and shipping costs.

Its best to try different chokes with different ammo to find what will work best in your gun. I tried some of the cheaper ones so far. Its hard to drop 50 dollars or more each for a bunch of choke tubes.
Anonymous
I doubt there is any choke tube that will be best for any shotgun. Every gun is different. I have a new 835 and the factory turkey choke that came with the gun throws as good a pattern as any after-market choke I've tried in it. I am now shooting Rem Hevi-Shot 3.5 inch #6s in it. -Jim
HardwoodsgreenHD
I have serveral different chokes for my 835's. By far the best is the rhino with the nitro rounds. My other favorite is the kicks gobblin' thunder .680 constriction. I just got 2 boxes of the win. xtended rounds that are supose to pack an awesome pattern with the kicks choke, we'll see as soon as the weather gets better. The pure gold hevi-shot choke also dose a great job as well as the undertaker with rem. hevi-shot. I'll post you a pattern of the rhino / nitro combo thru my 870 SPS-T. I don't have a picture of the 835 with the rhino / nitro triplex 4x5x7 hevi-shot combo, but they are similar. This is at 40 yards.

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.