Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Night Eyes Predator Hunting Light
Cosack
post Sep 4 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,301

Just bought a new predator hunting red headlight called Night Eyes. It is really a good light, has three settings High, Medium which can be adjusted down from 100% to 0, while it's still on your head and has a signaling blink feature. It is waterproof and light weight about 5 ounces. There is no ring hallow, the point of impact lights up the whole outer surrounding circumference area. Uses one rechargeable battery, last 3.5 hours longer if the beam is adjusted to a lower setting. The battery is left right in the light when it is being recharged. You get an extra battery and charger with green light signal when charging is done. The cost is really affordable.

For you coon hunters, I heard they also have a white light with the same features mentioned above. You can get a battery pack about the size of a credit card that last about 6.5 hours.

They have a gun light that is coming out this week.

I have bought other expensive lights, this light is just as good or even better with it's features.

www.nighteyespredatorlight.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dantheman5420
post Sep 5 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #2

Hunter

Member No.: 18,508

Wont that light be in the way of your scope?? I had just a regular headlight on one time i was hunting at night and i picked up a set of eyes with it but when i went to put the eyes in the scope i couldnt see the eyes anymore because my scope was in the way...

They need to come out with a light that mounts on top of your head instead of your forehead, in my opinion...

--------------------
Hunting is my passion. No one will ever change that!
+Quote Post
Cosack
post Sep 5 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

QUOTE(dantheman5420 @ Sep 4 2012, 06:14 PM) *

Wont that light be in the way of your scope?? I had just a regular headlight on one time i was hunting at night and i picked up a set of eyes with it but when i went to put the eyes in the scope i couldn't see the eyes anymore because my scope was in the way...

They need to come out with a light that mounts on top of your head instead of your forehead, in my opinion...

You are correct when saying that when looking straight down the barrel with a light directly shinning on the sights and your target that it results in your having a hard time seeing a target. Just a reminder, Remember SAFETY FIRST before you pull the trigger.

To solve this situation, What you do is just slightly turn your scanning headlight or if wearing a hat turn the brim a little to the side. I have also heard of some hunters just moving the light on the bracket to a higher vertical position on the bracket to pickup the lower part of their beam. Personally, I like to use the slightly turning of my hat brim. It works well. This will result in just getting less light displayed on the outer edge of the beam on the target.

I do have a hat bracket mounted light and use the same procedure mentioned above. In some States it is legal to to have a supplemental light mounted on your gun, I understand hunters turn off and switch from their head mounted scanning light to their pressure switch supplemental gun mounted light for the shot.

This is one of the features that I like about this new Night Eyes predator light. You are not using a bright full beam all the time when scanning. Not like other lights which are preset on Medium beam, On the Night Eyes Medium beam setting you can lower the beam anywhere down from 100% to 0%. If you turn the light off the medium beam, it stays at the light % setting you previously set when turned on again.
+Quote Post
Cosack
post Feb 15 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Just got done talking with a friend from the East. He was telling me that he bought one of the Night Eyes Red Gun Lights to go along with his Night Eyes Red Scanning light. His opinion is that both of these lights are outstanding and not very expensive. He gives both of them a A+.

He has been using both of them for a few months. Here are some comments, They are light weight and have not been effected by the bitter cold weather. it uses one 18650 rechargeable battery. He feels that the gun light beam extends farther out than any others that are available. The pressure switch is dual mode. It has a silent on/off and the middle is monetary on. Like the scanning light, the gun light also has a low battery warning and a protective shut off. The light blinks 20 minutes prior to give the hunter a signal that the battery is getting low prior to shutting off.

www.nighteyespredatorlight.com
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Feb 16 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #5

Mathews Solocam

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7,863

Ill have to check that out. I'm looking for a night hunting light.

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 02:26 PM