Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joliet Illinois Area Question
Bigbuck141
post Apr 17 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,424

I was talking with a customer of mine yesterday and through our conversation we got to talking about hunting and i got invited to come over and hunt this fall. Just curious if anyone has some insite on the caliber of mature deer there and any info on nonresident license apps and draws, regs would be greatly appreciated. Im checking the Illinois dnr page in a bit. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Hardwoods Heart Stoppers
2012-13 Deer Contest Champs

Mathews Heli-m Tactical
Carbon Express Mayhem @ 29"
Rage 2 Blade 100 grains
Ripcord Rest, Apex Nitrus sight, Limbsaver stabilizer, Tru Fire release
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bowin_in_illinois
post Apr 17 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #2

...with hilarious consequences!

Member No.: 1,907

...Can't speak to the caliber of deer in the Joliet area...lot's of factors can go into that....but I will say that Hunters in Illinois have been doing a better job of herd management...and are seeing the benefits of it. I have family in Portage (My mom went to Portage Northern High School) and they come down here every year to hunt, because everyone around them in Michigan seems to shoot anything that moves. Anything that's a buck I should say. There seems to be a stigma with shooting does up there...like you're not a real man if you shoot one...that's why Michigan has one of the highest whitetail populations in the country. smile.gif

Anyway...You should find all the info you need on the Illinois DNR website. ...but what I would tell you, is start saving money now. smile.gif It'll cost you about $500 to hunt here. (license and tags)

Good luck this fall in "the land of the giants"!

--------------------
+Quote Post
BigT
post Apr 17 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 1,768

There are no deer in Illinois. Sorry.

Eric, Kevin and Jim have killed them all.

--------------------
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns.....or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses"
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Apr 18 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #4

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

QUOTE(BigT @ Apr 17 2012, 04:30 PM) *

There are no deer in Illinois. Sorry.

Eric, Kevin and Jim have killed them all.

I don't know Travis smile.gif , if those guys can kill a decent one biggrin.gif , it must be pretty easy biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif .

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
Drop-time
post Apr 18 2012, 05:01 AM
Post #5

Deer/Turkey Guy

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 14,099

QUOTE(Bigbuck141 @ Apr 17 2012, 07:02 AM) *

I was talking with a customer of mine yesterday and through our conversation we got to talking about hunting and i got invited to come over and hunt this fall. Just curious if anyone has some insite on the caliber of mature deer there and any info on nonresident license apps and draws, regs would be greatly appreciated. Im checking the Illinois dnr page in a bit. Thanks in advance.

I would do you homework on hunting that area. Its not far from the cwd zone and folks in the northern part of the state are complaining of low deer numbers from all the sharpshooting going on.. Just some food for thought before you drop $500 on tags.
As far as the caliber of mature deer... pretty much just as good as the rest of the state im sure ,like I said, prolly lower numbers though.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 04:39 PM