Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaving For Oklahoma Tonight
Bowhunter81
post Apr 18 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #21

Trophy Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,187

I would love to do the ranch thing full time. But it takes so much money to get started. I grew up on a farm and miss it alot. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Bowhunter81: Apr 18 2012, 03:59 PM

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
unit45harvester
post Apr 18 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #22

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 148

QUOTE(okbowman @ Apr 18 2012, 02:56 AM) *

Vance is all good! I'm headed out there tomorrow night, where are you Unit? I'll probably be close, I'm chasing turkeys on Thurs and Fri. Send me a PM, maybe we could eat some lunch one of those days.

I'm just north of Woodward. Driving to Texas today. I'n my wife's stepdads truck. He's on a schedule today. Wouldn't feel right asking him to break it. It would have been great to be able to meet tou. I think we're headed back home to Colorado in the A.M.

--------------------
Genesis 1:28
+Quote Post
unit45harvester
post Apr 20 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #23

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 148

Well I had an amazing time in Oklahoma. I guess i forgot to mention my stupid mistake at the livestock auction. I was saying something to my wife's stepdad (maybe i should just call him my step father in law) and I pointed at the cattle they were bidding for. But my point looked more like a wave! Well, you don't wave at an auction. I accidentally bid on about $30,000.00 worth of cattle! the auctioneer is rambling at about 150mph, one finger pointed right straight at me, the other hand waving around pushing for a higher bid, I'm freakin out my heart drops and thank goodness someone (with real money) bid higher. Can you imagine?
We did end up driving to Texas for a couple bulls. I pulled em back. We pull up and the ranch owner says we're invited to lunch at their table. Some of the nicest people I ever met. Mrs. Jenkins made homemade bread, roast beef, rice, corn, salad and iced tea. Wow!!! I just sat there over lunch listening to these old timers talk about how their grandfathers settled the land they were on and about their struggles. I'll tell you what I told my father in law as we were driving away "now that is America right there". I honestly felt like flying an American flag after that visit. I've always felt a little odd calling myself a conservative because I'm Hispanic. But I've learned that it's okay because the reason I consider myself a conservative is because I truly APPRECIATE this great country. spending time with these old timers sure gave me a clear perspective on things.

--------------------
Genesis 1:28
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Apr 20 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #24

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

I am glad to hear you had a good trip unit.

There is a lot to be said about old times smile.gif , these youngsters need to learn to listen more often biggrin.gif , maybe they would learn something.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
Bowhunter81
post Apr 20 2012, 03:39 PM
Post #25

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 69,187

Gald the trip was a success. Just think, you could have $30,000 in cattle. Were they feeder calves or cows? Just thinking, if you did buy them, you could double your money in a year. biggrin.gif

And as for the old timers, it is cool just to listen to them and their wisdom. Especially when they talk about the old days.

Maybe we should listen to Kevin more often? laugh.gif

Sorry, but somebody was going to say something.

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 10:22 PM