Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Night Hunting This Weekend!
ohiocoyote
post Apr 3 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,530

My Cousin and I are going to be hunting a new area this weekend for yotes. I'm pretty excited about it, because for one, the land-owner says he has been seeing quite a few of them almost every night, and also we will be hunting them for the first time at night. We both just recently equipped ourselves with some XLR250 Kill lights from EWT for our rifles. We are hoping to have some action, but either way it will be fun to be out at night.

Anyone else been hunting coyotes lately? I haven't been out in a while since its been unusually warm, but since the land-owner has told me this I have been really wanting to get out there and try my luck. I will let everyone know how the hunt turns out!

If anyone has experience with night hunting coyotes and would like to share some tips and stories I would sure like to hear them!

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Apr 3 2012, 05:29 AM
Post #2

Mathews Solocam

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7,863

Good luck man. I was out tonight blasting the coyote siren to locate they were at. I was out last week but no luck. I usually hunt when there is a cold morning, in the 20s to low 30s. I was never out at night yet but I been thinking getting a light.

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Apr 3 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #3

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

Good luck, it sounds like fun.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Apr 7 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,530

Well we went out last night, went to the first woods and set up and did some calling sequences but never saw a thing. So we decided to head to the next woods, and we set up on top of a big hill right along the edge of the woods, so we had a great view. I started with a little soft cottontail distress, and literally 20-30 seconds into calling one came running out in the field in front of us. I told my cousin to take the shot, but he couldn't get a good shot at it, so I picked up my .223 looked through the scope and put it right between the two beady eyes in my scope and blasted it at about 80 yards. What a rush it was! I was so excited I could barely talk, It really helped boost my confidence back up.

Sorry I don't have any pictures! sad.gif I took some on my cell phone, but they didn't turn out at all.

After using our kill lights for the first time all I can say is they work great and I highly recommend them! The red light didn't bother the coyote one bit. It actually ran towards the light while my cousin was trying to get a shot off. I love this kill light, and I am very anxious to get out there again!

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Apr 7 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #5

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

Congrats, glad it worked out.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:16 AM