Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decisions Decisions
unit45harvester
post Mar 30 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Supreme Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 148

Well, I meet next week with the owner of a large company that wants to hire me. I got a call a couple days ago from the owner of another medium sized company offering pretty much the same position (sales, estimating and project mgt.). The medium sized company is where I started in my trade years ago. I learned a lot there. I kinda feel like I'd be taking a step backwards though. Problem is, one of the owners is a very close friend that I have the utmost respect for. If I ever needed help with something, even at two or three I'n the morning, he'd jump out of bed to come help me. I'd do the same for him. That company is the last place I thought I'd end up but it feels like my friend is asking as a personal favor. I guess I'll meet with both companies and see who offers what?

--------------------
Genesis 1:28
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Mar 30 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

That is about all you can do. But personally, i don't like working for or doing work for friends or family.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
elkhuntfever
post Mar 30 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,853

Good luck with your decision and beware of advice from Bucky. I think he's getting senile. laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Photobucket

Just hit me upside the head with a 2x4, that MIGHT get my mind off of elk hunting.
+Quote Post
dacoon
post Mar 30 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #4

Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 71,197

That is tough Unit. I'm sure you will make the right decision. Let us know what you decide. Hey what Kevin says is true. I would have a hard time working for a great friend of mine. It is hard being friends and employers. Plus Kevin should know. You have heard the phrase of being around the block a few times. As old as Kevin is, his around the blocks resemble the Indianapolis 500. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:18 PM