Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unit 71 Hunting
lambdin5
post Mar 25 2012, 05:02 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,074

Was looking at archery hunting unit 71 in the San Juan area. just looking for a little help. is this a decent place to plan on going. i'm not afraid to hike in several miles actually prefer it. Just looking for some recommendations as far as where to go in this area, and how is the elk herd there. Any help would be great.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Mar 25 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

QUOTE(lambdin5 @ Mar 24 2012, 11:02 PM) *

Was looking at archery hunting unit 71 in the San Juan area. just looking for a little help. is this a decent place to plan on going. i'm not afraid to hike in several miles actually prefer it. Just looking for some recommendations as far as where to go in this area, and how is the elk herd there. Any help would be great.

Welcome to the cabin,
i have hunted 71 many times, but during second rifle, there are elk there, but lots of hunters too, if i was going to hunt it with a bow, i would concentrate on the eastern part of the unit.

Kevin

This post has been edited by buckykm1: Mar 25 2012, 01:57 PM

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
skingrizz-CO.
post Apr 4 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 22,460

Havent hunted that far west myself but thats the beauty of colorado lots of OTC units
Sounds like you got the right idea. i live in pagosa-when im not in the weminuche.
im willing to try and help ya but only om the P.M. status.

This post has been edited by skingrizz-CO.: Apr 4 2012, 07:57 PM

--------------------
"CANT CHEAT THE MOUNTAIN PILGRIM"

=}--SKINGRIZZ--->
+Quote Post
mustache kid
post Jun 3 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 25,126

hunted unit 71 two times lots of hunters had guy from missouri bring in 14 hunters and horses where we hunt in eastern part he was not a outfitter but was beening paid they set up for 2 weeks chased elk out of there also had 2 from texas 4from new york 2 from wisconsin there and us from michigan so we went to look for new spot tired taylor mesa 32 camps there hunters everywhere everywhere try west part of unit
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:37 PM