Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Elk Call?
montanaelkslayer
post Mar 22 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #1

Elk Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,891

Well, I went to a sporting goods store and saw a new elk call named the primos lip service elk call. I was wondering if anybody else had seen or used this call. Heck its not even on the product listing on this site. I was looking for reviews on this call.....the back said it was made from the guts of the hoochi mama and cost $14. I didn't get it but was interested. Thanks

It would help if Primos would add it to the website so us elk hunters knew when a new product comes out. Also would be nice if one of these Primos guys stopped by and added a few words about new products when they come out, but that's wishful thinking for sure.

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

2007 PSE X-Force, 71#, 27" draw, Black Gold 4 pin sight, Spot Hogg Whammy rest, TR ridge hunter quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's arrows, G5 Striker 100 grain broadhead, lots of sims limbsaver toys all over. Oh yeah I am bringin the heat now!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RobDuncan
post Mar 23 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 24,561

The new Lip Service is a great new call I have one and love it. It is loud but makes great sounds. They have also came out with 2 new bugles the Hoss Bugle and the Bullett bugle both also sound good. If you check on the home page you'll see the new catalog and all the new stuff is in there. Hope this helps

This post has been edited by RobDuncan: Mar 23 2012, 09:42 PM

--------------------
Rob Duncan - Primos Prostaff Alberta
+Quote Post
montanaelkslayer
post Mar 23 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #3

Elk Fanatic

Thanks for the response, really two more new bugles hahaha....that must make six they sell now. Not buying into the hype of a new bugle, the terminator still terminates the bulls. I will check it out, just though products were, well in the product section.

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

2007 PSE X-Force, 71#, 27" draw, Black Gold 4 pin sight, Spot Hogg Whammy rest, TR ridge hunter quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's arrows, G5 Striker 100 grain broadhead, lots of sims limbsaver toys all over. Oh yeah I am bringin the heat now!
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Mar 24 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #4

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

Just what you need Aaron biggrin.gif , a couple more calls laugh.gif .

Kevin

This post has been edited by buckykm1: Mar 24 2012, 01:26 PM

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
Matt Brimmer
post Mar 24 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #5

BIG Hunter

Group: Prostaff Moderator
Member No.: 28

I'll chime in....

I was looking for a different Cow sound last summer and started playing. I tore apart a few Hoochie Mammas up, altered the wedge, and bingo. One of the Protos was sent off to Will to use on his hunts and before I knew it he was running with the idea.

The call was originally going to be released in June, but some have already been shipped.

So on to the call..Lip Service is designed to be a loud call. However it can also get very quit for a open reed. By removing the tone converter you change the back pressure and actually change the tone and depth of the call. If you want the call just a bit easier to blow (I dont think you will), as it is built to be very easy to blow out of the box. Anyway you can disasemble the call and trim the andgled (\ /) portion of the reed about 10 thousandths and slide the reed forward until the back molded in pins touch the back of the notched out reed. Whatever you do, do not cut the front pins off. They are used to keep the reed centered..

I hope it works for you as good as it did for me and my hunting partner last year..

Matt Brimmer

--------------------
Matt Brimmer.Primos-Prostaff.(OR)
+Quote Post
montanaelkslayer
post Mar 24 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #6

Elk Fanatic

QUOTE(buckykm1 @ Mar 24 2012, 08:24 AM) *

Just what you need Aaron biggrin.gif , a couple more calls laugh.gif .

Kevin

Kevin,

Hahaha, I more than likely do have too many elk calls but I do like to get them just to hear them and heck I do carry them all in a pouch lol. Never know which call will produce for the day. But as for all those bugles I only have one and wont get caught up in buying six $50 dollar bugles hahaha. I can swallow spending $10 bucks on a new cow call, but wont do it when a new bugle comes out every year.

Bottom line Kevin, yes I am addicted to elk hunting, calling, and anything with the word elk in it hahaha.

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

+Quote Post
Todd Imiola
post Mar 24 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #7

Supreme Hunter

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 9

I have the new call also and although I don't get to elk hunt as much as the other guys I do still hunt them often and have been playing the call for a while now. I like the call and the ease of using it. It makes great sounds and can reach out there too.

--------------------
Todd Imiola Primos Prostaff (NY)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:36 AM