> Times Are Changing, Bitter sweet day
Catfishturkeyhunter
post Mar 18 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Supreme Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,614

Hey fellas,

I made the rounds today, talked to all the guys who let me hunt and made sure everything is still ok to hunt and I am good to go, but I may lose a spot next year. I don't think I will, but its possible. One of my owners is getting to old (85) and is letting one of his daughters take over the property. The man who leases it to farm and aslo gives me permission to hunt said he might not farm it next year. The guy who leases the farm rights hunts though and he thinks I will still be ok to hunt since I have been good to the old man who owns it and all the other local farmers. That and I hunt several of the local farms and know most the land owners in a 3-4 mile radius. I am also on good standing with the grandson of the owner and he has told me to take as many deer and turky as I would like. I believe the owners daughter is the mother to the grandson so I might be ok. That and I think they like that I look after the place some just by being there. They have had problems with vandals and tresspassers in the past. Its the same property that my blind was stolen from this year. Theres an ol abandon church that piece by piece is walking off. I hope I don't loose my spot though. Had some really great hunts there.

Good news is I stuck a couple more irons in the fire and may be able to hunt a few new places, but I gota check back with the owners.

I guess these things are gona happen, but thats why I always stop and chat it up with these guys several times a year. Some of the old timers will talk your ear off lol, but its always good talkin and it keeps me hunting some of the best places around. wink.gif

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Mar 18 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

good luck, i hope you get to keep your spot.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
brickit
post Mar 18 2012, 03:20 AM
Post #3

MR.BRICK

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5,018

I'm doing some looking myself,hope everything works out.
+Quote Post
Bowhunter81
post Mar 19 2012, 03:37 AM
Post #4

Trophy Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,187

I love hunting on the land of some farmers that treat you like family. There was one farm near Lawrence, KS I hunted for a few years. Everytime they were going to be leaving for the weekend or do the snow bird thing, they would call and let me know. Awesome turkey property on Kansas River. You treat them with respect and it will go a long ways.

When my hunting partner and I look and ask permission to hunt on properties, I have to do the asking. Hes from the city and I grew up on a farm. He would get denied and most of the time I would get permission. He hated it.

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:13 AM