Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nh Youth Weekend Deer Hunt
nhredneck4X4
post Mar 16 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,992

well i know this doesnt deal with turkeys but ill tell this hunting story tuesday oct 18th 2011 i go on lunch break and i buy my 5 dollar scratch ticket for the day as im eating my chicken wings i start scratching it and on the last number on the ticket i see 16 and the number i needed was 16 so im like cool no biggy thinking i won my money back, well i see a 5, then i ses 50, im like sweet 50 bucks stoked i keep scratching i see another 0 and i flipped i hit 500 bucks 4 days before youth weekend, my 9 year old nephew was supposed to use my 12 gauge and first thing in my head that hits me is im gonna buy my nephew a shotgun.

I go to his house after school and say come on lets go i hit 75 bucks on a ticket today im gonna go get you a nice warm jacket for this weekend he says ok, we go to dicks sporting goods and i say lets check out the guns real quick, he picks up this mossberg 500 20 gauge and falls in love i look at him and say do you like it he says yea it nice and light i said do you want it he said yea i said its yours and the smile was unbelievable he said are you serious im like yep dead serious and i pulled out the wad he says YOU LIED YOU SAID YOU HIT 75 DOLLARS HAHA i just smiled. he gave me the biggest hug an uncle could ask for. we go put the scope on and bore site it and i go to shoot it and its not hitting paper im like are your serious so i brought it back to the sporting goods store and say i cant hit a 6 foot peice of paper with this whats up with that, my buddy told me their bore sighter is broken. my buddy puts the laser on it and dials it back in. the cross hairs were so off you couldnt see the laser through the scope. my nephew and i go out and shoot it and its dead nuts to 75 yards.

Saterday youth weekend, I take my nephew to a spot I passed on does all bow season, first 15 days of nh bow season you cant shoot does, i had 15 encounters with these deer through out sept, then 15 more encounters with these deer durring october when i could shoot them but i elected to pass on them at 20 yards all 9 of them lol. I said to myself im saving these deer for denzel. saterday comes we had a close encounter with a deer but couldnt see it, i rattled at noon time and we hear crashing so he gets ready all of a sudden he says do you smell that skunk and it was so close i started gagging well then a deer blows for 25 minutes "my guess the deer startled the skunk and it sprayed it" , the rest of the deer never show up. I go home to call my buddy and his nephew got skunked on day 1 too, so we opted to drive the next day trying to get these kids deer!

Sunday youth weekend, well as denzel and i seemed to have the knack of driving we pushed 9 deer "different spots" past my friend and his nephew, his nephew ended up missing a doe 4 times at 20 yards, it never ran it just walked and looked back, daylight is dwindling its like 230 in the afternoon and my nephew and i havent seen ANYTHING yet so i said to my buddy, lets go drive that peice denny and i hunted yesterday he's like alright and it was our time to sit so it worked great, i dropped my buddy off my nephew and i go sit and my buddy and his nephew start pushing the waist deap swamp, denzel looks up at me and says how do i know if a deer is comming i said oh youll know it will sound like a freight train running, well his young ears heard something before mine and i see him getting his gun up and click the safety off and out walks this doe fawn broadside at 30 yards, i go MEHHH and it stops now i can see the mother now through the brush but i have this little one stopped and i see my nephew figure 8ing the gun then he goes still im like OH know this deer is screwed he shoots we stand up, the deer takes off and then stops 15 yards later and looks back i thought he had missd an im like you missed rack another shell then i see the infamous as seen on tv drunk side step im like YOU HIT IT! surprised that my 9 year old nephew just hammered this deer, she side steps again and again and then falls 45 yards from us! now this is not one of the largest deer in the world but the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I JUST SHOT A DEER'S FROM HIM SCREAMING made me feel like the best uncle in the world. the hugs the huge kiss he gave me the everything made me feel like the worlds greatest person. we then walk up to the downed deer and he looks at me and says it still has spots im like no way sure as crap it had 1 line of spots on each side of its back, then he says i wish it had antlers i said to him your just like me because thats what i said when i shot my first deer but i will say this, out of all the hunts ive been on and all the success i have had this was by far my favorite! who would of ever thought you could get an adrenaline rush like a booner would give you from a 61lb doe fawn lol, then he looks at me and says i bet im the only black kid in the state who shot a deer i laughed and i said your probably the only black kid in the northeast to shoot a deer smile.i got to have the feeling that week of being the worlds greatest uncle twice! and my nephew got his first deer on his first ever weekend of deer hunting! now we are awaiting the youth weekend longbeards!

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/n.../dennysdeer.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/n...ck4X4/denny.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/n...k4X4/denny1.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/n...4/denzel001.jpg

--------------------
Greg The Worlds Greatest Redneck
Photobucket

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Mar 16 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Mathews Solocam

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7,863

That's awesome! Congrats to you and your nephew.

The pics aren't working.

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
+Quote Post
dacoon
post Mar 16 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 71,197

Great story Scott. Nothing like it. Pics not working though.
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Mar 16 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #4

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 9,521

Congrats, great story, for some reason, my Norton is blocking the pictures ?

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
nyturkeyduster
post Mar 17 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #5

Eat More Meat

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,743

Great story, but the pics don't work.

--------------------
Brenner
"Bustin' heads since 2002!"
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

2012-13 Primos Deer Contest Champions Hardwood Heart Stoppers
+Quote Post
nhredneck4X4
post Mar 17 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #6

Tracker

ive tried everything on photobucket, maybe it will work later

when the link pops up go under albums youll see em

--------------------
Photobucket

+Quote Post
Bowhunter81
post Mar 17 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #7

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 69,187

Awesome story. Loved that you weren't a scrooge and spent the money on your nephew instead. Kids got a great uncle.

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
+Quote Post
nhredneck4X4
post Mar 17 2012, 04:16 AM
Post #8

Tracker

beleive me i was tempted to get a mathews Z7 but i did the right thing and the turnout was great! he is now addicted to deer hunting and duck hunting

if you guys would like just add me on face book names greg forge also like the becks outdoors page!

--------------------
Photobucket

+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Mar 17 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #9

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 9,521

just tried them again, still don't work.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
nhredneck4X4
post Mar 24 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Tracker

i cant figure it out then lol i used photobucket and apperintly its still being dumb

--------------------
Photobucket

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:37 PM