Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anybody Else Still Hunting Yotes?
SWarner1028
post Mar 13 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Mathews Solocam

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7,863

A lot of guys around here are hanging up their coyote gear and getting ready for turkey season and starting to do some fishing. I am still going after them hard but with no luck. It's been pretty warm here the past week highs in the 60s to 70s so I have been until sunrise and sunsets. I been thinking about buying a lightforce light and get a red lense and go out at night.

Are you guys done until next fall or are yous guys still out hunting?

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Preach-a-boy
post Mar 13 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 77,345

QUOTE(SWarner1028 @ Mar 13 2012, 05:06 PM) *

A lot of guys around here are hanging up their coyote gear and getting ready for turkey season and starting to do some fishing. I am still going after them hard but with no luck. It's been pretty warm here the past week highs in the 60s to 70s so I have been until sunrise and sunsets. I been thinking about buying a lightforce light and get a red lense and go out at night.

I am but being that I had the flu I haven been in a lil bit. But I'm gonna try soon
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Mar 13 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 83,530

I went out last night with my uncle and I called in my first yote! Unfortunately we never got a shot off at it, but it was a great experience and I was proud of my calling. I am keeping at it, I'm going to keep hunting them until its too hot to go out haha. If your looking into a night light, I would HIGHLY recommend the XLR250 kill light from Elusive Wildlife technologies. I just bought one on boondock-outdoors.com I love this light! Haven't had a coyote in the lights yet, but this thing is very bright and was highly recommended to me. It came with the whole package including the light, mounting hardware for barrel mount or scope mount, wall charger, car charger, two rechargeable batteries, and comes with a push button on/off, and a pressure switch to mount next to the trigger. The whole package was 140$. It was money well spent!

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Mar 14 2012, 03:26 AM
Post #4

Mathews Solocam

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7,863

I'll check that out ohiocoyote! If you ever saw the show foxpro furtakers on the outdoor channel, that's the light I was looking at. It's a spotlight so I'd need a second person.

Is the light red on your XLR250?

This post has been edited by SWarner1028: Mar 14 2012, 03:56 AM

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
+Quote Post
south dakota
post Mar 14 2012, 03:54 AM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 84,183

Yes I am still going out. Lots of manged yotes around here.
+Quote Post
S. Utah Yote Man
post Mar 14 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 87,035

QUOTE(SWarner1028 @ Mar 13 2012, 07:06 PM) *

Still hunting out west, my Alpha Dogg arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. Dogs are pairing up right now, mating starts, and pups will be on the way. I'm using the Alpha Dogg for scouting those dogs that have dens. Need to hunt in areas where the cattle have dropped calves, then protect the newborn mule deer and antelope fawns. Hunting will be great.
The Alpha Dogg is clear, tone is great, yotes in my area are so educated to the fox-pro sounds, and other E-callers. Now they are hearing something new! All calls in the Alpha Dogg sound so different, that's due to the great work the Primos Team put into it. With the Expert Hunts, it truly is great to have Randy Anderson do the calling for you. I have created some of my own Expert Hunts on the Alpha Dogg. I waited a long time for this E-caller, they were on back-order, and were hard to get. Now I know why.
+Quote Post
jcELK
post Mar 14 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #7

Spot&Stalk

Member No.: 11,961

I've been done for 3 weeks now. Probably won't go anymore until fall unless somebody calls me about some nuisance coyotes.

--------------------
Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

photo TeamBanner_zps1687c81a.jpg
+Quote Post
S. Utah Yote Man
post Mar 14 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #8

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 87,035

QUOTE(jcELK @ Mar 14 2012, 10:42 AM) *

I've been done for 3 weeks now. Probably won't go anymore until fall unless somebody calls me about some nuisance coyotes.

That's it, taking care of the trouble makers, and protecting the newborns. Ranchers are calfing, and branding.
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Mar 14 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #9

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 83,530

QUOTE(SWarner1028 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:26 PM) *

I'll check that out ohiocoyote! If you ever saw the show foxpro furtakers on the outdoor channel, that's the light I was looking at. It's a spotlight so I'd need a second person.

Is the light red on your XLR250?

Yes my XLR250 is red, its a very bright LED that's red. So there isn't any red filter that obstructs the beam of light. Its very handy because it has an internal battery, so no toting around a bulky battery. I can light up the stop sign down the road from the house about half mile away clear as day. Its a great portable, powerful, and compact light.

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
+Quote Post
the hunter
post Mar 14 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #10

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,505

QUOTE(SWarner1028 @ Mar 13 2012, 05:06 PM) *

Yes I am still hunting coyotes in Utah. and starting classes on coyote hunting in Tooele at the Learning center. contact me if ya like. bill@crittergitteroutfitters.com
also check us out at http://www.doghousehuntingclub.org/ or at http://www.crittergitteroutfitters.com/

--------------------
The greatest sound God Bestowed upon Mankind;
The Laughter of A Child!

I may not be perfect, but my dog likes me
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 11:13 PM