Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ameristep 2 Man Stand, Does Anyone Have One.
dacoon
post Mar 13 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 71,197

Hey guys I bought a new Ameristep 2 man stand at a pawn shop today for 80 bucks out the door. I think i saw this same stand at Wal-Mart last year for 149.00 but i am not for sure. I haven't opened it yet but it says on the box it comes with 2 safety harnesses. It is 15 foot high. My daughter and i have hunted out of two man stands before but i think they were more expensive than this one. I don't want any problems with it and i darned sure don't want her to get hurt. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Also, when do you guys start putting up your stands.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Drop-time
post Mar 13 2012, 02:34 AM
Post #2

Deer/Turkey Guy

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 14,099

Nothing wrong with the quality. I have 2 and havnt had a problem. I do recommend sitting the stand on small blocks to keep it from burying itself in the ground and rusting through at the bottom of the legs...just makes it last longer cause I leave mine out most of the year.
I paid right at 100 bucks each. They are really sized just for 1 adult and 1 kid though.. 2 man wouldnt leave much room.

--------------------
Banner photo banner2_zps6a0fa4aa.jpg
2010-11 Deer Contest Champions Team 10 Full Draw
2008-09 Deer Contest Champions Team 9 The Dream Team
+Quote Post
dacoon
post Mar 13 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #3

Hunter

QUOTE(Drop-time @ Mar 12 2012, 10:34 PM) *

Nothing wrong with the quality. I have 2 and havnt had a problem. I do recommend sitting the stand on small blocks to keep it from burying itself in the ground and rusting through at the bottom of the legs...just makes it last longer cause I leave mine out most of the year.
I paid right at 100 bucks each. They are really sized just for 1 adult and 1 kid though.. 2 man wouldnt leave much room.

Thanks Drop-Time. I got home from work today and opened it up and you were right. The quality looks good to me. I am going to try to put it up next week and get the cam up also. Thanks again.
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Mar 13 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,530

Most tree stands today are all good quality, they have to meet the TMA (tree stand manufacturers association) specs. Don't get me wrong, there are some cheaper made ones out there, I always add another ratchet strap to each one of my stands just for the extra stability and safety. I would recommend doing this, but isn't necessary. I leave some of my stands up all year, but I ALWAYS check them again before I step foot onto one. Other ones I usually hang early August, its plenty early here in Ohio. Our bowseason doesn't open up until last weekend of September. Good luck and safe hunting!

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
+Quote Post
Ruger109
post Mar 13 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 52,967

Same here, good experience. I had a few when my kids were little.

I do agree in getting them installed on blocks and making sure they are level.. Also, it seemed that about a 10" diameter tree was just about right.
+Quote Post
dacoon
post Mar 14 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #6

Hunter

QUOTE(ohiocoyote @ Mar 13 2012, 07:44 PM) *

Most tree stands today are all good quality, they have to meet the TMA (tree stand manufacturers association) specs. Don't get me wrong, there are some cheaper made ones out there, I always add another ratchet strap to each one of my stands just for the extra stability and safety. I would recommend doing this, but isn't necessary. I leave some of my stands up all year, but I ALWAYS check them again before I step foot onto one. Other ones I usually hang early August, its plenty early here in Ohio. Our bowseason doesn't open up until last weekend of September. Good luck and safe hunting!

Thats a great idea, i really appreciate that. Thanks guys.
+Quote Post
Todd Imiola
post Mar 20 2012, 03:37 AM
Post #7

Supreme Hunter

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 9

All good points guys. They leveling of the base of the stand with plywood or blocks is a must. It's a good stand and a good buy in my opinion. I know most stands come with safety harnesses but I still prefer using a vest like the Hunter Safety System. You can never put a cost on saving your life or your kids life.

--------------------
Todd Imiola Primos Prostaff (NY)
+Quote Post
okbowman
post Mar 23 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #8

Supreme Hunter

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,756

I've got one that's been up and in the woods since '04. All I've had to do is replace straps and a couple nuts and bolts. I check it really good before climbing in every year, usually have to change the burlap skirt every other year, we've killed a bunch of deer out of it....my oldest son Zac has killed all 4 of his deer out of it and hunts it by himself now. I've killed numerous deer out of it, one or two does every year and usually 1 buck.

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Member of '07-'08 Deer Contest Championship Team

Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

Thank God He made all those critters.

God, Family, and Hunting that's what its all about, and if you take your family to the outdoors, you can have all 3 in 1!!!!
+Quote Post
huntingaddiction1
post Jun 29 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #9

Diehard

Member No.: 7,033

I agree completely with what everybody said. These stands are really fun to hunt out of by yourself as well. I have actually killed a lot of deer out of these with a bow believe it or not. Lots of room to maneuver and you can use the tree to hide behind depending on if the deer come from behind you as well. Hope you enjoy.

--------------------
When we're in the outdoor place, it's by God's grace.

+Quote Post
Whitetailfreak
post Jun 29 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #10

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 99,408

Good stands for the money!!!I own 3 for when the son wants to hunt with me.......

--------------------
Photobucket

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 04:46 PM