Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gopro Hero2
exhughes2
post Apr 13 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #11

Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,632

Ordered some new accessories for the camera off of Amazon. A couple things have stuck out to me, first thing is if you ever need to buy anything look on Amazon before you buy it anywhere else. I havenít paid full price for anything on their including the camera and I havenít paid for shipping either.

I ordered the LCD screen bacpac, a battery bacpac, a tripod mount and the handle bar mount, all cheaper then I could find in any store, shipping was free and at my house in 51 hours from the time I ordered it, thatís fast shipping. The second thing that stuck out is Go Pro is one awesome company, I say this because all of their accessories are cheap cheap, not only that but they throw in everything else you might need for it. I got the LCD screen and it came with 4 new doors for the case, 2 for the normal case and 2 for the wrist case. I also got 2 new doors for the battery bacpac. Now everyone knows that most companies like to charge extra for that kind of stuff but not Go Pro, they include it and its cheap. I hope this company does very very well, what a stand up company. Also everything is top quality and works awesome.

The one thing Iím waiting for to come out is the Wi-Fi remote, imagine having 3 cams out on your turkey set up, 2 up on trees looking at your deek, 1 at your deek looking at the approaching bird and one in your blind looking at you. Hit the power button on the remote and all of your cameras turn on and start filming with the push of one button, now imagine your buddy sitting there with you and a lap top or smart phone and he is able to control up to 50 cameras in real time as the hunt is happening. You would be able to cover every angle and never miss the shot of the shot. How cool would that be?!?!?!?!

I think Iím going to buy stock in GoPro!!!!

--------------------
2011 Turkey Contest Champs - Team Dirt Nap
2010 Turkey Contest Champs - Team Dirt Nap
2010 Elk Contest Champs - Team Elknutz
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeepin Bowhunter
post Apr 13 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #12

20 Feet Up

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,534

Thanks man for all the info. I have been looking at them since you started this thread. Pretty sweet, I think i may be in the market smile.gif

I found this vendor on line that has a custom cut camo skin. I thought you might be interested.

http://www.campbellcameras.com/shopping/se...px?keyword=hero

JB

--------------------

/l_|,[_____],
l--|--L --OlllllllO-
()_)()_)--o--)_)

Delta Waterfowl
The Future of Waterfowl and Waterfowl Hunting
+Quote Post
exhughes2
post Apr 13 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #13

Hunter

Thanks Jeepin, I seen the skin the other day, what I don't like about it is all the silver pieces are still silver, the buttons are big and silver and I think it would reflect the sun, also the screws are silver. I just painted mine, it takes the paint very well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dantheman5420
post Apr 14 2012, 05:05 AM
Post #14

Hunter

Member No.: 18,508

This is me on my dirt bike I recorded with my go pro... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMDRrm02c_U

--------------------
Hunting is my passion. No one will ever change that!
+Quote Post
Jimmy 2 Frogs
post Apr 20 2012, 02:32 AM
Post #15

BIG Hunter

Member No.: 5,134

Just ordered the HDHero2 with a bunch of other stuff for it...hope it lives up to it's rep...I was gonna pic up a Sony HandyCam but ya'll talked me out of it , then one of my accounts sealed the deal by showing off some underwater vedio from the Fla key's they shot last week end....the only mistake was pickin the free shippin...now I'm gonna have to wait sad.gif ....

This post has been edited by Jimmy 2 Frogs: Apr 20 2012, 02:32 AM

--------------------
God must love stupid people, He made so many.
2008 Turkey Champs-Lead Heads
2011-2012 Deer Champs- Bloodbath & Beyond

+Quote Post
exhughes2
post Apr 20 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #16

Hunter

It should be noted that this cam doesn't have any kind of zoom on it. To compare the handycam and this cam isn't really fair, the hero is a wide angle cam with a huge field of view. If you are trying to video something far away you won't see it very well, that's when you will need a zoom. Up close as in in your face close is what the hero is best for, up close fish while diving would be awesome but trying to take a pic of an elk on the other side of the valley is not going to work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jimmy 2 Frogs
post Apr 22 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #17

BIG Hunter

Member No.: 5,134

glad I don't hunt elk, but I do get up close and personal with the bearded birds, and just 'bout everybody fishes here in the Sunshine state...should be fun funnin with it.... cool.gif

--------------------
God must love stupid people, He made so many.
2008 Turkey Champs-Lead Heads
2011-2012 Deer Champs- Bloodbath & Beyond

+Quote Post
dhunter87
post May 22 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #18

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 88,636

I have the Hero2 and it is awesome, I use it for multiple action sports including snowmobiling, skiing, and soon hunting.

I am trying to attach it to my bow, has anyone found a good attachment to use with the bow? I was thinking using the handle bar mount to mount to the stabilizer. Has anyone tried this or any other types of mount for the bow?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:38 PM