Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Primos Varmint Scope Lights
ohiocoyote
post Mar 5 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,530

I have been looking into getting a varmint spot light for my rifle for night hunting yotes. Anyone use the Primos line of varmint lights? I have read reviews and most say they like them, the only issue I have seen is that they don't reach out as far as they are advertised. I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with them and offer any advice! Thanks!

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nyturkeyduster
post Mar 5 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Eat More Meat

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,743

I bought my dad one for Christmas like two years ago, I think it was the 100 yard model. He mounted it up and said it lit up the fields nice at night, we've yet to get a dog in the lights with it.

I think the weather conditions might have a lot to do with how the light performs at longer distances. Snow, fog and other factors can really dim a beam fast but the beam should still be bright enough to reflect a glare off the eyes of a predator and allow you to get on target.

--------------------
Brenner
"Bustin' heads since 2002!"
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Mar 8 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 83,530

Well after doing a lot of research and searching I found the light I wanted. Everyone that reviewed it gave it great reviews and all say they love it. I bought the XLR250 kill light from Elusive Wildlife Technologies. Can't wait to get it and try it out! Anyone using this light currently?

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
+Quote Post
Mystery Hunter
post Mar 9 2012, 02:15 AM
Post #4

Tracker

Member No.: 45,973

I am using the Primos Rechargeable 100 yard LED Varmint Hunting light and like it pretty well. Has the white light and twist-on Varmint lens in red. It does work out to 100 yards just fine and that is all I need where I hunt here in E Tx. Most of the time my shots are 50 yards or closer at night. Coyotes, hogs and coons have fallen from using it!! Worth the money if you shoot out to 100 yards or less. If not get a Stronger one for sure!!

--------------------
Life is to short, without time in the woods!
Photobucket

+Quote Post
the hunter
post Mar 14 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,505

QUOTE(ohiocoyote @ Mar 5 2012, 02:03 PM) *

I have been looking into getting a varmint spot light for my rifle for night hunting yotes. Anyone use the Primos line of varmint lights? I have read reviews and most say they like them, the only issue I have seen is that they don't reach out as far as they are advertised. I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with them and offer any advice! Thanks!

I bought one 2 yrs ago and it still rocks. can mount it to the shotgun or my rifle scope. Have spotted coyotes and other critters from 200 yards away easily. button is mounted to the side of stock with Velcro right at area my left hand is on either stock. NO complaints on mine. And the red lens doesn't spook the yotes, or anything else I have spotted. They usually just stand and watch-stare. OOPSIE, big mistake, lmao.

--------------------
The greatest sound God Bestowed upon Mankind;
The Laughter of A Child!

I may not be perfect, but my dog likes me
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 10:44 AM