WYO DIY ELK
post Mar 24 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #11

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,115

QUOTE(Dan4Elk2 @ Mar 22 2012, 11:50 AM) *

Hank
Was your "Honey Hole" the sweet spot in Wyoming, where I traveled from Wisconsin to meet you there at your camp? Just the two of us. We were on the second morning of the archery elk hunt and it was my turn to set up for the bull. By 7:30a.m. I (WE) had a great 7x6 bull on the ground! Great 330 bull! I have to say this was the best elk hunt of my time so far! I owe all that to you Hank! Hank your awesome Man and One hell of a great hunter! Does this mean I can go to that sweet spot without you now? LOL The new area your hunting now, which I some what know, been there. You say you don't tell anyone where you are! You should at least tell someone (ME) just in case something would ever happen to you! I have read stories on this type of situations. Just my 2cents. Hope to get out WY soon to see you again. Thank you again!

Dan

You can go in there anytime you want Dan, I don't ever plan on going back to that area. Maybe you and him can get together and hunt it biggrin.gif.
That was a good hunt 2 elk in 4 days.
Nice try but where I'm at now there aint no way LOL! Heck I didn't even give the EX wife good directions where I was. Did you put in for WY this year again? My buddy that hunted with me last year didn't draw so I'm going to MT to hunt with him this year. I'm off 26 days in Sept. Easton may go to MT with me on Labor day weekend if I get the specific archery only tag I put in for.

--------------------
Hunt til it hurts, Ya got all year to recoop!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dan4Elk2
post Mar 25 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #12

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 3,258

[quote name='WYO DIY ELK' date='Mar 24 2012, 05:41 PM' post='617358']
You can go in there anytime you want Dan, I don't ever plan on going back to that area. Maybe you and him can get together and hunt it biggrin.gif.
That was a good hunt 2 elk in 4 days.
Nice try but where I'm at now there aint no way LOL! Heck I didn't even give the EX wife good directions where I was. Did you put in for WY this year again? My buddy that hunted with me last year didn't draw so I'm going to MT to hunt with him this year. I'm off 26 days in Sept. Easton may go to MT with me on Labor day weekend if I get the specific archery only tag I put in for.
[/quote

Thats great to hear that I have your permission to hunt that area! LOL Not sure if I will get back there either...maybe for a second draw choice. Have you heard anything from that area , in regards with the amount of elk there? I knnow you said its a hit and miss area for elk.
I put in for WY for elk no luck, have 4 points now. So, I have a hunt already planned for Colorado. I'm excited for this new area to hunt elk. My guys found, who live out in CO. It's great you have off 26 days! I should have 2 weeks to play with the elk! I wouldn't want an e-wife to know either...thats why there x's!
I splurged,,, on a pair of Kenetrek hiking boots! Did alot of research and reviews on this boot! For the money sure hope they don't steer me wrong! Good luck with MT tag! Say "HI" to Easton for me...does she remember me? Chat later...Dan

--------------------
[size=4]Live To Hunt!
+Quote Post
Bugle 'Em In
post Mar 25 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #13

Hunter

Member No.: 3,942

"I splurged,,, on a pair of Kenetrek hiking boots! Did alot of research and reviews on this boot! For the money sure hope they don't steer me wrong!"

Dan - I've been using the Kenetrek's for a couple of years now. No doubt they are worth the money. It was a tough pill to swallow in the cost initially, but after having used them (and used them HARD), I can't imagine not having them in my arsenal. Good luck this fall!

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post
Dan4Elk2
post Mar 26 2012, 03:44 AM
Post #14

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 3,258

QUOTE(Bugle 'Em In @ Mar 25 2012, 03:21 PM) *

"I splurged,,, on a pair of Kenetrek hiking boots! Did alot of research and reviews on this boot! For the money sure hope they don't steer me wrong!"

Dan - I've been using the Kenetrek's for a couple of years now. No doubt they are worth the money. It was a tough pill to swallow in the cost initially, but after having used them (and used them HARD), I can't imagine not having them in my arsenal. Good luck this fall!

Thank you for your info on those boots! I'm getting tired of spending $150 or so on other boots that don't stand up to what they say they do. I ordered kenetreks bees wax to put on there leather to help more so in wet conditions. Have you used there bees wax also? just wondering? Thank you for any info!

--------------------
[size=4]Live To Hunt!
+Quote Post
Bugle 'Em In
post Mar 26 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #15

Hunter

Member No.: 3,942

Hey Dan,

I have not used their bees wax. I have always used Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP and it has always exceeded my expectations. I've had no reason to stray. Sorry I can't provide any input on that one.

Have a great day!
SW

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post
rezhunter
post Mar 31 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #16

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 17,273

As a Native American this sounds familiar ;-) Elk are all over, its all a matter of timing

This post has been edited by rezhunter: Mar 31 2012, 09:23 AM

--------------------

Give em' the heater!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 12:01 PM