Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Booking An Outfitter
insainebull
post Feb 27 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,972

I just got done reading what happened to the guy that booked in New Mexico. I also got done posting an ad for are cow hunts in New Mexico. The story has been told hundred times. There are so many fake outfitters out there that are trying to make a quick buck. So iam going to give you some advice from one. First when you decide that you are going to go with an outfitter guided or unguided you need to call the references that the outfitter has listed or given to you. Be sure that the reference that you are calling has hunted the same species that you are going to hunt and also the same area. The next step you need to see is your outfitter listed as a regestired outfitter. Which the guy in the story didnt do. Not only does your outfitter have to be regestired in New Mexico the guides do as well. Most of the times if the story sounds to be good to be true it is. A 7000 dollar elk hunt on private property, that is a gurentied 300 class bull or bigger, is a story that is to good to be true. Look at the other ranches in the area and compare prices. I feel sorry for the guy that this happened to but it looks like he might get his money back. The last and final thing that you need to do is if you show up to the hunt and it is nothing that you were promised or expected talk to the outfitter at that point. Dont wait. That well just caouse bigger promblems down the road. Sorry about the spelling aint the best. Hope this well help you guys out and if you have questions please e mail me. thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:28 PM