Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whats Your Go-to Hand Call?, distress hand calls
ohiocoyote
post Feb 19 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,530

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know whats your favorite go-to hand distress calls. Right now I'm using a flextone rabbit distress, and the Randy Anderson double cottontail. I like the sound of both of them. I also use the primos hot dog for some distress sounds. Ive heard a lot about the burnham bros. mini blaster. Just wondering if there are some calls out there that everyone recommends, and maybe I should purchase! Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcELK
post Feb 20 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #2

Spot&Stalk

Member No.: 11,961

I really like the Ruffidawg Coaxer.

--------------------
Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

photo TeamBanner_zps1687c81a.jpg
+Quote Post
elkgrunt
post Feb 20 2012, 04:13 AM
Post #3

Tracker

Member No.: 7,612

I like the MossBack hand coaxer,it worked today. Two dogs hung up about 300 yards and the coaxer brang them into range.

--------------------
No arrows flying,nothing dying.MossBack Game Calls prostaff
+Quote Post
mejeremyb
post Feb 20 2012, 06:04 AM
Post #4

Tracker

Member No.: 6,676

I absolutely love the Burnham Bros Mini-Blaster!!!!! I really like the Verminator's Tweety and Tony Tebbe's Extreme, Overdose, and LSB too. The LSB is small and LOUD. It's so easy to use and sounds great. It's my go to howler. I use the Primos Hot dog and the E.L.K. Yote Howler for some howling too. I use the Primos Third Degree and Catnip for some distress sounds also. The Catnip doubles as my close range coaxer because I can put it in my mouth and bite down on it then use it hands free. Here's a pic of my lanyard that goes with me everytime I go callin and another pic of my lanyard along with all the calls that are in my vest. If you notice there are two Mini Blasters incase something happens to one then I have a back up.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/mej...yb/IMG_0048.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/mej...yb/IMG_0057.jpg

--------------------

Jeremy Bailey
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Feb 21 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Thanks for the input! I may have to start looking into the mini blaster. I have heard good things about them and its worth a try.

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

+Quote Post
cmiddleton
post Feb 24 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 24,592

tally ho , haydel gh cottontail, cercie mvp-3.
then whatever custom call i want to take, i use the customs but if all else fails i use one of those three calls.

--------------------
i never saw a coyote call i didn't want.
calling elk would be as much fun if you could do it every weekend.
some folks collect coins I collect calls.
hello i'm casey and i'm a call-a-holic.
+Quote Post
yoteman89
post Mar 7 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 20,005

I like to use the little dog here in south eastern Ohio. Especially now that they are breeding it never hurts to throw some challenge howls out to them. Around here this late in the year rabbit in distress just isn't as strong
+Quote Post
the hunter
post Mar 14 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,505

QUOTE(ohiocoyote @ Feb 19 2012, 05:07 PM) *

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know whats your favorite go-to hand distress calls. Right now I'm using a flextone rabbit distress, and the Randy Anderson double cottontail. I like the sound of both of them. I also use the primos hot dog for some distress sounds. Ive heard a lot about the burnham bros. mini blaster. Just wondering if there are some calls out there that everyone recommends, and maybe I should purchase! Thanks! biggrin.gif

I always have the Primos diaphragm call in my mouth, and other mouth call i like is the Lil Dog. Seems they react well to the sounds of a younger yote. so the Lil Dog would be best option, specially if ya cant get used to the diaphragm. But thats just my humble opinion. Think others will have other favorites. Just saying! and best of luck to ya. safe and happy hunting. cool.gif

--------------------
The greatest sound God Bestowed upon Mankind;
The Laughter of A Child!

I may not be perfect, but my dog likes me
+Quote Post
cmiddleton
post Mar 18 2012, 02:37 AM
Post #9

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 24,592

slayed them this am with a custom from yotehntr.{BRAD GAINEY}
might be my new go to call.
not to mentoin ITS BEAUTIFUL!

--------------------
i never saw a coyote call i didn't want.
calling elk would be as much fun if you could do it every weekend.
some folks collect coins I collect calls.
hello i'm casey and i'm a call-a-holic.
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Apr 13 2012, 03:14 AM
Post #10

Outdoorsman

I just recently purchased the Burnham Brothers Mini-Blaster and Quaker Boy's Screamin' Cottontail. First impression of both of these calls is wow.....

The Burnham Brothers Mini-Blaster is going to probably be my go-to call now. I can't believe the different sounds you can get out of it, and not to mention how easy you can change the sounds! Very impressive call.

The Quaker Boy Screamin' Cottontail is a very nice sounding call. I compared it to my Primos Double Cottontail and its a bit lower pitched than the double. Very nice rasp sound to it, and once again very easy to use and change the pitch of the sound. It requires very little air to use, similar to the double cottontail.

Overall these are two great new calls I'm excited to add to my lanyards. I just thought I would share with everyone my opinion of both calls.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 09:16 PM