Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calling Sequences
ohiocoyote
post Feb 14 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,530

I use all hand calls for hunting yotes, I was just wondering what calling sequences everyone use. I usually open up with some soft cottontail distress calls, and wait a while, followed by longer and louder calls. Is this the best way to open a spot with? How long should I call, and what other calling sequences should I use? Any help is appreciated!

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yoteman89
post Feb 15 2012, 04:00 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 20,005

Hey there Ohioyote hunter, where about are you located? I am hunting in Southeastern Ohio close to Marietta. About your calling I also use mouth calls but what you need to watch is the time of year. Early in the fall and starting into winter I like to use some distress calls. This time of year they are breeding or are close to it so they will be territorial so use some challenge howls, I have had great success.

Good Hunting
+Quote Post
ohiocoyote
post Feb 15 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 83,530

I am located on the mid-western part of the state, Mercer County. Its all flat farm land up here and I know there are some yote's around, but just haven't had any luck yet. Thanks for the tip tho, I will try working some howls and see what happens. Also, I know right where your at, I go deer hunting close to where your located, just outside of Beverly.

--------------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:27 PM