Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Educated Coyotes
yoteman89
post Feb 11 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,005

Just wondering, We are hunting here in South East Ohio and the coyote hunting has been very sucessful lately. Last night we called in a yote but couldnt seal the deal. About how long should we leave that spot alone? any help would be appreciated.

Have a Great Hunt
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mejeremyb
post Feb 11 2012, 04:23 AM
Post #2

Tracker

Member No.: 6,676

Give it a week or two then when you go back setup in a different location. When you call use a totally different sound than you did last time. Like if you used a jackrabbit last time then use a bird or howls the next time.

--------------------

Jeremy Bailey
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Feb 11 2012, 04:55 AM
Post #3

Mathews Solocam

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7,863

QUOTE(mejeremyb @ Feb 10 2012, 11:23 PM) *

Give it a week or two then when you go back setup in a different location. When you call use a totally different sound than you did last time. Like if you used a jackrabbit last time then use a bird or howls the next time.

Well said Jeremy. I usually give it a week or more also.

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
+Quote Post
yoteman89
post Feb 11 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Thanks for the input. I was guessing about a week or so but was just wondering what other people are doing. Hows everybody doing this year so far?

Good Hunting
+Quote Post
mejeremyb
post Feb 11 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Tracker

It's tough here where I live. There's a group of guys that load up 30 dogs and let them run down and kill every yote they see. They guys don't even shoot em. They just rotate dogs so a fresh pack can run em while the others rest. The dogs run em until they can't go any longer then tear their throats out and leave em gurgleing and gasping for their last breath. It's one thing to call one in an then make a good clean kill before the yote even knows what hits it. I can't stand the way those guys kill em though. I don't know??? I guess I was raised differently. As much as I love bustin yotes... I can't stand to watch them lay there suffering while they choke on their own blood after tryin to fight for his life against a whole a pack of dogs. These guys drive their trucks through row crop fields with no respect for the farmers. They have even went as far as cutting fences just to keep from havin to drive around it. Then they belly ache about huntin laws getting more and more strict and wonder why we have so many more game wardens in Southeast Missouri now. DUH!!!!!

--------------------

Jeremy Bailey
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Feb 12 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #6

Mathews Solocam

QUOTE(mejeremyb @ Feb 11 2012, 05:44 PM) *

It's tough here where I live. There's a group of guys that load up 30 dogs and let them run down and kill every yote they see. They guys don't even shoot em. They just rotate dogs so a fresh pack can run em while the others rest. The dogs run em until they can't go any longer then tear their throats out and leave em gurgleing and gasping for their last breath. It's one thing to call one in an then make a good clean kill before the yote even knows what hits it. I can't stand the way those guys kill em though. I don't know??? I guess I was raised differently. As much as I love bustin yotes... I can't stand to watch them lay there suffering while they choke on their own blood after tryin to fight for his life against a whole a pack of dogs. These guys drive their trucks through row crop fields with no respect for the farmers. They have even went as far as cutting fences just to keep from havin to drive around it. Then they belly ache about huntin laws getting more and more strict and wonder why we have so many more game wardens in Southeast Missouri now. DUH!!!!!

I hate seeing things suffer. What's the purpose of that? That's not hunting. Did they get in trouble for damaging property?

--------------------
-Scott

+Quote Post
yoteman89
post Feb 12 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Wow, I agree with you guys. Thats not the way to hunt a yote. I guess we are pretty fortunate up here no one hunts them at all, maby about 5 of us around here local that hunt them full time, its usually to cold for most of the other guys i guess. However they are out of control so that makes some good hunting for us and anyone will let you hunt on them as long as you respect their land.
+Quote Post
mejeremyb
post Feb 12 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #8

Tracker

Sounds awesome yoteman89!!! Where exactly are you located and do you need a huntin buddy for a week or so??? LOL

--------------------

Jeremy Bailey
+Quote Post
yoteman89
post Feb 13 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #9

Outdoorsman

haha, We live close to Marietta, OH. Where about s are you fellas located ?
+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Feb 18 2012, 01:58 AM
Post #10

Mathews Solocam

QUOTE(yoteman89 @ Feb 13 2012, 01:21 PM) *

haha, We live close to Marietta, OH. Where about s are you fellas located ?

I'm live in eastern pa. About an hour from Philadelphia. Where I hunt ranges from thick hardwoods to open fields.

--------------------
-Scott

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 01:30 AM