2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruger American Rifle, Big bang for a little buck?
mejeremyb
post Jan 30 2012, 08:56 AM
Post #11

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,676

Yea I'm a lefty too. Seems like I keep hearin of more and more left handed shooters. It's definately a right handed world when It comes to buying a rifle though. I wish Ruger offered the little Compact rifle in lefty but they don't. Up until the last couple years they didn't even offer a left handed short action at all. Savage is probably one of the leading companies that cater a little more to leftys and they don't do a lot. I wish you could find more aftermarket stocks in left handed. Especially for my left handed Browning Abolts. If anyone knows of a company that offers a selection of left handed laminate stocks could you please send me a PM?

--------------------

Jeremy Bailey
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeepin Bowhunter
post Jan 31 2012, 02:35 AM
Post #12

20 Feet Up

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,534

To me there are way too many excellent used Rifles on the market to drop the cash on a rifle that is in it's first year on the market. There are a lot of good guns available with just a couple of boxes run through them. You just need to find a good dealer with a good selection.

JB

--------------------

/l_|,[_____],
l--|--L --OlllllllO-
()_)()_)--o--)_)

Delta Waterfowl
The Future of Waterfowl and Waterfowl Hunting
+Quote Post
PA bowhunter
post Feb 1 2012, 02:33 AM
Post #13

Tracker

Member No.: 4,292

Hey, any of you guys notice the weight of the rifle? It's 6.25 pounds. Looks to me like that would be the market Ruger is after. If you're going to compare at least do it with another lightweight. IMO, it's good to see another manufacturer get into that market. I ain't getting any younger and wouldn't mind taking a few pounds off my shoulder. I'd like to see them increase the caliber selection.

--------------------
Bucks, Bulls, Bruins and Beards
+Quote Post
buglin'gunslinger
post Feb 15 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #14

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 20,151

It looks like they have went a completly different dirrection with this rifle. It has no similarites to the rugers i know. The action is differnet it has a magizine, accutrigger, the internal bedding. If you saw this rifle and didn't know it was made by ruger you probably would think of it as something ruger made. Just saying what i thought when i first saw it. Looks like they were trying to make a tikka t3 or TC venture combined with a savage or something.

Not trying to say its gonna be a bad rifle or anything go i love ruger products so lets hope this ones just as good with a new look. smile.gif

--------------------
GUNSLINGER
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 02:31 AM