Closed TopicStart new topic
> Trigger Stick
Turkey Terror
post Dec 28 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,897

Thinking about the short bipod trigger stick. Money would come out of my pocket but my dad is questioning if it would be a good purchase or not. He thinks im crazy bying an $80 shooting stick when I could get a telescoping one with clasps for like 30 bucks.
I have thought about getting one in the past for turkey hunting but I couldnt afford it....but I have the cash now so im wonderin if I should get one. Is it very useful when turkey hunting?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nyturkeyduster
post Dec 28 2011, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Eat More Meat

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,743

I think it would be useful for just about any type of hunting with a firearm, I'm gonna get one for deer next year I think. For turkey hunting, my knees work pretty well for holding up my shotgun. Just saying, I think carrying a trigger stick around all day with hot weather, decoys, calls and a shotgun might be a tad cumbersome and a hassle.

--------------------
Brenner
"Bustin' heads since 2002!"
+Quote Post
Mystery Hunter
post Dec 28 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Tracker

Member No.: 45,973

Like Nyturkeyduster I use my knee to prop the shotgun on when Turkey Hunting. Less things to make noise and get busted. I also debated getting one for Deer and predator hunting and went with the Bipod Stick with clamps. I have used it to kill a few deer and several yotes. I am usually setup overlooking a field and never have to adjust it once I get setup. I think the only real good thing about the Pistol Grip Trigger Stick is that it would be great for when you are putting on a stalk and need to setup fast! Just my opinion! For the extra 50.00 I saved, I could buy a few more cool Hunting Items. Like a Box Call, Crow Call, etc.. I think your Dad is correct on this issue! But remember that is just my opinion!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Life is to short, without time in the woods!
Photobucket

+Quote Post
SWarner1028
post Dec 29 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #4

Mathews Solocam

Member No.: 7,863

When it comes to turkey hunting I use my knees also. I couldn't see myself using one for deer too because I rest my elbow on my knee to stay steady. However I would get one for coyote. To stay steady for the longer shots.

--------------------
-Scott

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Member of Team # 8: Rack Attackers-2008 Primos Whitetail Champions!
+Quote Post
okbowman
post Dec 29 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #5

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 2,756

I love mine. I have the short bi-pod, its great. I use it for all types of hunting with a firearm.

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Member of '07-'08 Deer Contest Championship Team

Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

Thank God He made all those critters.

God, Family, and Hunting that's what its all about, and if you take your family to the outdoors, you can have all 3 in 1!!!!
+Quote Post
Future Primos Prostaffer
post Jan 6 2012, 06:02 AM
Post #6

The Rut Rascal

Member No.: 11,281

I bought one last summer. I have been in situations where my knee was not good enough, especially when I am sitting in a blind or a hill. My knee would get sore holding it too over long periods of time. The trigger stick is adjustable right when you need it to be and never gets tired. I am looking forward to using mine, even with all the other things I find I need to carry.

--------------------
God's Watching

The will to kill a big buck is not enough. You must also have the drive to do it!
success photo successmontage_zps4936af66.jpeg
+Quote Post
sugarray
post Jan 28 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 18,813

I wouldn't hesitate to get another. I use mine for deer hunting, turkey hunting, and with 2 little kids it is a must have. It is quick to adjust and easy to use in a hurry. The short stick will make you kneel when walking to shoot, but sitting and waiting for a turkey it is so much better than your knee. I use a pad on my knee a lot, but the stick is always in my truck if I decide to use it. It is a good investment.

--------------------
"I'll see you around, 'round my home town." Charlie Robison

Photobucket
+Quote Post
jcELK
post Jan 29 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #8

Spot&Stalk

Member No.: 11,961

Buy it!! You can use it for all kinds of hunting.

--------------------
Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

photo TeamBanner_zps1687c81a.jpg
+Quote Post
Steve Peperis
post Jan 30 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #9

Tracker

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 427

Been huntin turkeys since 1985 and I usually cover a lot of ground. So I go light and never carry my trigger stick. When I am on the move, I hunt with the gun on my knees supported by the HS Strut product that is foam, camo covered and has a grove to hold the gun. It straps to your leg and only weighs ounces. Costs about 11.00

But when I hunt over a field, sometimes in a blind, I love using my trigger sticks, the tripod for the blind or the double for the edge of a field. Hope this helps. Steve
+Quote Post
Bowhunter81
post Jan 30 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #10

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 69,187

I have always used by knee to steady the gun. I don't like to carry a lot of stuff when turkey hunting. I do a lot of run and gun tatics on the birds. Just one more thing to get in the way. JMHO

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 12:30 AM