Post #41

Trophy Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,187

Probably a robbery and that was where they stashed the cash. dry.gif

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mr. Mangler
post Feb 28 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #42

Trophy Hunter

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 27,230

There were both under the water! Just by luck I noticed both of them expecially the money. The knife looked like it had been in the river a while the blade dulled from rolling down the river. The only thing holding the money in place was the current against it.

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Team Cluck Dynasty:
2013 Primos Cabin Chat Turkey Contest Champions

Team Blood Bath & Beyond:
2011-2012 Primos Cabin Chat Deer Contest Champions

"The better I become, the more luck people think I have."
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work."
+Quote Post
jac0b92
post Mar 6 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #43

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 24,682

my dad found an old grave from some time in the 1800's in our back yard
+Quote Post
arkybohunter
post Mar 7 2012, 06:24 AM
Post #44

Hunter

Member No.: 20,431

not in the woods but years ago my dad purchesed 80 acers to add to our farm and an older gentalmen told dad there was a grave yard on it. He and dad walked the field out and could not see any thing. we used it for pasture for 10 or so years and then we started to farm it with a diferant hay crop every year. One year while plowing it we pulled up a head stone... blink.gif we stayed clear of the area. and that fall an older man came out turned out it was his ansesters he bought a new stone and had it set in the fince line It said "150 west of this stone lies " and a list of his relitives that were bared there. we offerd to fence it off and every thing but he said it hadn't been fince in the last 30 years so why fince it now...
Kinda creepy thinking I plowed up a grave yard though.
+Quote Post
Bowhunter81
post Mar 7 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #45

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 69,187

Out with the dog yesterday afternoon, we found a basketball and rubiks cube in a overgrown pasture. But no sheds to be seen. Funny part was the cube was complete with all sides set to the same color. dry.gif

--------------------
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
+Quote Post
Rajun Cajun
post Mar 10 2012, 06:22 AM
Post #46

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 1,587

Was squirrell hunting, sat down by a tree.

Got bored and started digging dirt with the heel of my boot.

HIt something. Dug it up with my belt knife.

Was an old Winchester pump, top ejection.

Rusted and the wood had some worm holes.

Someone must have leaned it up against the tree many years ago and could not find it again.

Cleaned it up enough to shift the action.

Alle the springs were rusted away and the barrell was severely pitted up with caked rust.

Gave it to a friend and it still hangs over his fireplace.

--------------------
No plants, trees, or animals were harmed in the transmission of this electronic file. However, quite a few electrons were inconvienienced and scattered in you general direction against their will.

www.southernoutdoorproducts.com
www.teamhammerdog.com
+Quote Post
okbowman
post Mar 10 2012, 07:09 AM
Post #47

Supreme Hunter

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,756

QUOTE(Rajun Cajun @ Mar 10 2012, 12:22 AM) *

Was squirrell hunting, sat down by a tree.

Got bored and started digging dirt with the heel of my boot.

HIt something. Dug it up with my belt knife.

Was an old Winchester pump, top ejection.

Rusted and the wood had some worm holes.

Someone must have leaned it up against the tree many years ago and could not find it again.

Cleaned it up enough to shift the action.

Alle the springs were rusted away and the barrell was severely pitted up with caked rust.

Gave it to a friend and it still hangs over his fireplace.

Wow Wayne, what an incredible find, I'd love to see a pic of it!

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Member of '07-'08 Deer Contest Championship Team

Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

Thank God He made all those critters.

God, Family, and Hunting that's what its all about, and if you take your family to the outdoors, you can have all 3 in 1!!!!
+Quote Post
dacoon
post Mar 15 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #48

Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 71,197

It's not weird but i thought it was a neat find. Was at a buddy of mines place today which backs up to the park setting out a few cams and just happened to look over a small bank and just caught a glimpse of this trap sticking out of the ground. He said nobody has trapped on his property that he knows of since he has been alive. He said i could have it. Gonna hang it in the garage.
Pretty rusted though.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/...on/SNC00144.jpg
+Quote Post
ohioyotes1
post Mar 17 2012, 08:11 AM
Post #49

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 90,123

A few years ago I was metal detecting on some family owned land in the Cumberland Gap area. One of the local old timers told me where there used to be some old homesites from the 1800's, after some looking I found a old rock foundation, got a hit and started digging and dug up a old peice of rotted timber, tossed it aside untill I realized the metal wasnt in the ground it was in the timber...soo I busted it apart on a rock hoping maybe it would be a cool hand forged nail...nope..lead buck shot in what looked in be part of someones wall...after a lil more detecting I found a cap in ball revolver still loaded with two rounds fired and the hammer cocked back dry.gif ... makes ya wonder what went on there.
+Quote Post
PDKev134
post May 22 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #50

Hunter

Member No.: 10,259

QUOTE(ohioyotes1 @ Mar 17 2012, 02:11 AM) *

A few years ago I was metal detecting on some family owned land in the Cumberland Gap area. One of the local old timers told me where there used to be some old homesites from the 1800's, after some looking I found a old rock foundation, got a hit and started digging and dug up a old peice of rotted timber, tossed it aside untill I realized the metal wasnt in the ground it was in the timber...soo I busted it apart on a rock hoping maybe it would be a cool hand forged nail...nope..lead buck shot in what looked in be part of someones wall...after a lil more detecting I found a cap in ball revolver still loaded with two rounds fired and the hammer cocked back dry.gif ... makes ya wonder what went on there.

Now that's really interesting. Sounds like the old homesteads, cemetaries, battlefields, etc., are the best. It's neat to find old relics and try to piece together what took place at that particular spot all those years ago. Was hunting out on the western plains of OK one year and came across an old homestead that had been burned to the ground. Rummaged around and found an old kerosene lantern, black with soot like everything else there, but still intact. Wondered if it was the cause of the fire. Took it to my mother-in-law, who collects such things, and it still sits in the antique store she owns down in Texas to this day.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 01:27 PM