Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Souther Florida Hog Hunting
oxfordbuckmaster
post Dec 11 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,927

Im heading on vacation to my parents spot in florida, and i would love to take my bow with and was just wondering if anyone on here from florida knew when hogs were in season and how hard it was for a out of stater to get a license and tag for a public land hog hunt. i will be down around west palm beach. I would love to take a turkey also! thanks for any info

--------------------
12/15/09 first trophy down!!

http://cabinchat.primos.com/uploads/126283...y_2_5_20355.jpg

Live for the hunt....Not just the Kill!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post Dec 15 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #2

Hunter

Member No.: 12,622

The Corbett wildlife area is not far from West Palm, and Big Cypress to the south. I don't remember how late the season runs to hunt hogs? Turkey season for the south zone doesn't open till early March. For hogs you should only need a non res license and wildlife management area permit, I don't remember the prices right off my head but you can go on the FWC website and get all the info you need.

Both those areas are loaded with snakes and alligators! And come March the skeeters are back out in full force! I've turkey hunted Big Cypress a few times with some friends who live in Miami and plan on going down for a long weekend for turkey.
+Quote Post
oxfordbuckmaster
post Dec 18 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,927

ok i know where those places are! i just want to shoot a hog lol not a snake but i would def. love to shoot a gator if it wasnt so expensive! thanks for the info.

--------------------
12/15/09 first trophy down!!

http://cabinchat.primos.com/uploads/126283...y_2_5_20355.jpg

Live for the hunt....Not just the Kill!!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 06:55 PM