> Little Help With Layout Blinds
A-Bomb
post Feb 23 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #31

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,536

QUOTE(peter/pmr @ Feb 21 2012, 11:05 AM) *

Well you stay locked down to where your pit blind is built,and the geese land 200 yards out on a different field,and are out of range,and you just sit there because you have no choice,hoping they fall for your calling and decoys,but with a lay-out blind ,you could have set up over there and shot a limit had you not been locked down in a pit blind! Geese hit fields and hopscotch from field to field alot,and with a pit blind you are going no where,you will shot geese only when they are landing with in range of your blind,but with layout blinds you could do alot more hunting and follow the migration! I do not know about you, but it is easier for me to haul my blind than to haul a backhoe and lumber around,when chasing the geese!

EXACTLY!!! Pretty tough to argue the versatility of a layout blind. As long as theyre brushed in well and dug in when necessary there will be no issues shooting geese outta them from start to finish. I dont have any official figures, but id bet over 95% of all goose hunters use a layout blind. Theres a reason. They work.

--------------------
Good Luck huntin'...Adam
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
peter/pmr
post Feb 26 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #32

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 16,851

QUOTE(AinslieMT @ Feb 15 2012, 06:41 PM) *

Best thing I can recommend is not using one. They will be a waste a time in the next few years. You are not ever going to shoot 24 geese in a hour out of a layout. Stick to pits. They are ok in the early season during a snow storm.

Just in case you wanted to retrack this statement about shooting a limit,here are three kids,skipping school and shooting a limit before school!They got a call from a friend telling them the geese were hitting an alfalfa field the night before this hunt,amagine that,no pit blind,but they did have layout blinds .....Luckily for them they were mobile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-0nFStY1A

This post has been edited by peter/pmr: Feb 26 2012, 05:58 AM

--------------------
2013 Totals

Canada Geese 157
Mallards 54
Woodies 28
Teal 24
widgeon 9
Blacks 12
Goldeneyes 56
Buffleheads 31
Bluebills 5
snows 129
Bands 3

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
+Quote Post
Bugle 'Em In
post Feb 26 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #33

Hunter

Member No.: 3,942

That was a pretty neat video. Great footage by those guys.

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 09:18 AM