Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Little Help With Layout Blinds
diesel40
post Nov 22 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,730

Guys, i could use a little help. I am looking for a new layout blind. Don't need to buy a real expensive one. I want one that functions and is comfortable. On a budget here. Thanks for the help.

--------------------
Enjoy the great outdoors that God has provided.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
oxfordbuckmaster
post Nov 23 2011, 02:05 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,927

look on ebay i bought two final approach's last year brand new in all tan color for 97 apiece!!

--------------------
12/15/09 first trophy down!!

http://cabinchat.primos.com/uploads/126283...y_2_5_20355.jpg

Live for the hunt....Not just the Kill!!!
+Quote Post
peter/pmr
post Nov 23 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #3

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 16,851

try other sites that have classifieds on them I bought a final approach Max 4 camo for less than 100 buck about a week ago! PM me if you want a few websites that I go too when looking for good gear on the cheap ! Don't want too post them on here for fear of getting told I am spamming!

This post has been edited by peter/pmr: Nov 23 2011, 10:41 PM

--------------------
2013 Totals

Canada Geese 157
Mallards 54
Woodies 28
Teal 24
widgeon 9
Blacks 12
Goldeneyes 56
Buffleheads 31
Bluebills 5
snows 129
Bands 3

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
+Quote Post
nyturkeyduster
post Nov 24 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #4

Eat More Meat

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,743

I have 2 of these blinds, very lightwieght and mobile. Set up is a snap!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Hun...%3Bcat104319180

--------------------
Brenner
"Bustin' heads since 2002!"
+Quote Post
A-Bomb
post Dec 18 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #5

Tracker

Member No.: 23,536

Im way late and your probably already got one, but check out www.rogerssportinggoods.com They have awesome deals on layout blinds. They have their own bland which Avery manufactures for them that are top notch and dont break the bank. Can get into one for as low as $89. Full frame, including the doors, and is only 12" high. I have the original goose buster and love it, but wanted a lower profile blind so i just ordered their LP Goose Buster. According to the online help, its the same blind, just a lower version. Good luck

--------------------
Good Luck huntin'...Adam
+Quote Post
Bugle 'Em In
post Dec 23 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #6

Hunter

Member No.: 3,942

A-bomb,

Have you had a chance to try out your new LP Goose Buster yet? If so, what are your honest thoughts of it?

Thanks,
SW

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post
A-Bomb
post Dec 24 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #7

Tracker

QUOTE(Bugle 'Em In @ Dec 23 2011, 03:49 PM) *

A-bomb,

Have you had a chance to try out your new LP Goose Buster yet? If so, what are your honest thoughts of it?

Thanks,
SW

I havent, but we have two under the Christmas tree right now. Ill post an initial thought on it as soon as we open em up on Sunday morning.

If its like the Original Goose Buster, im gonna love it. I have one of those and find it plenty spacious and easy to set up. Fairly light, lots of stubble straps, well built blind. This blind to my understanding is identical, just lower in height. Like i said, Christmas morning, well get em put together, crawl in one, ill snap some photos and get em posted up.

--------------------
Good Luck huntin'...Adam
+Quote Post
Bugle 'Em In
post Dec 27 2011, 02:49 AM
Post #8

Hunter

Member No.: 3,942

Alright A-bomb, you're on the clock smile.gif

What's your thoughts of the new blind?

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post
A-Bomb
post Dec 27 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #9

Tracker

Alright, got the blinds opened up. Not full frame like the man suggested. However, they do have a framed back rest as well as a single tubed gun rest. Doors have a rigid foam in them. Doors sewn at front and at back have a nylon strap that goes from door to gun rest. You pull this strap on both sides to tighten it. In the process it tightens the sidewalls and doors and raises the gun rest. Pretty slick design IMO. Mesh on the head end of doors is generous and taylored in a manner that should make viewing incoming birds easy. Cockpit is generous IMO. Im 5'9" and 190#. Profile is nice and low. As promised i will get some pics up and i will be glad to answer any questions that i can that are non hunting related as i have yet to have this blind in the field. Just giving my preliminary thoughts here.

--------------------
Good Luck huntin'...Adam
+Quote Post
A-Bomb
post Dec 28 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #10

Tracker

Ok, i finally got some pics of the Rogers LP blind. Sorry for the delay. Anyhow, i took pics of the blind folded up to show the back pack straps, then an end view to outline the snaps that keep the blind closed when backpacking. This thing is very light, will pack in great on a long hike. I also took pics of the mesh on the top of the doors, the doors open so you can view the cockpit, also the tension straps i spoke about in the post prior, the flagging port(there are 2), and a shot sitting in the blind looking at a big foot decoy. The shot while in the blind has the camera sitting on top of the gun rest. As you can see its very low profile. The head rest sticks about about 2/3 the height of a big foot decoy as i have illustrated in another view as well....I havent hunted outta the this blind, but i have high hopes for it. Spacious, seems comfy, conceals you well, easy to see outta, set up and take down is very quick...I think this is going to be a great blind for the money. I honestly dont believe youll get into a nicer blind for 89 bucks. I really dont.

Heres a slideshow of the Rogers Goosebuster for those that might be interested in this blind.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/ada...nt=61830496.pbw

--------------------
Good Luck huntin'...Adam
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 12:03 PM