> Diy Elk Trip To Co
buckykm1
post Jan 28 2012, 04:07 AM
Post #11

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

QUOTE(ShanePA @ Jan 27 2012, 08:56 PM) *

Its hard to find good guys to go with. Make sure you REALLY know them and they REALLY like to hunt and they are REALLY tough! Not the place to take chances on someone you cant depend on or trust.

And trust me... there is no gaurentee on a diy hunt in colorado. esp your first one! Getting a good shot at a nice bull even at 300 yards might not turn out to be as easy as you think.. but best of luck its a blast. the learning part is what makes it so fun. but dont leave anyhting to chance!

Amen to that, i would rather go alone, then go with the wrong guys.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hoopscoach
post Jan 28 2012, 09:19 AM
Post #12

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,797

QUOTE(buckykm1 @ Dec 2 2011, 02:30 PM) *

A Caribou hunt would be fun, but it would have to be guided, and it would cost $6000.00 plus, so i will stick with my DIY elk hunts.

Kevin

Bowhunter81 & Kevin,

Why does a caribou hunt have to be guided? I did a DIY caribou bowhunt last August for a lot less. PM me if you want more details.
Hoopscoach

This post has been edited by hoopscoach: Jan 28 2012, 09:19 AM

--------------------
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud".

+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Jan 30 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #13

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

QUOTE(hoopscoach @ Jan 28 2012, 04:19 AM) *

Bowhunter81 & Kevin,

Why does a caribou hunt have to be guided? I did a DIY caribou bowhunt last August for a lot less. PM me if you want more details.
Hoopscoach

When i think Caribou, i think about Canada, i never gave AK much thought, but it would still be expensive, if i did it, i would drive so i had all my gear, and could bring everything home. i think that i would have at-least 3K just in gas ?.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
Bowhunter81
post Jan 30 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #14

Trophy Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,187

When I do get to go on the elk and caribou trips, I plan on doing them DIY style. To me its not all about the harvest, its the experience, getting to meet new people, viewing other parts of the country that I might never get to see and if I do harvest something, awesome. It wound be a nice bonus.

What is the population of Caribou like in AK? I just watched the movie "The Grey". Makes me think twice about going to AK.

This post has been edited by Bowhunter81: Jan 30 2012, 05:41 PM

--------------------

Hardwoods Heart Stoppers Deer Contest Champs 2012-2013

Give a man a deer, he’ll eat for a day. Teach him to be a bowhunter, will feed his family for ever!!!!

I spent most of my life hunting, the rest I have wasted.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 05:34 AM