Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Use The Trophy Grunter And The Can?, I am confused on how to use these
Deerhunter1414
post Sep 28 2011, 02:56 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,860

Hey I am baffled on how to use these 2 together. I have the Original Can and the Trophy Grunter. I have been watching deer from my stand and am making the calls but all they do it raise their head and the flutter their tail.

However I used young deer call today on the grunter and a buck shot its head up looked around and came running in my direction.

If anyone could answer my question I would be very happy. I am trying to get 2-3 Bucks which look to be like 10 pointers in to my bait pile. I am hunting the WI youth hunt so it is at the begging of the rut I think. Oh I did call on trophy buck and the 2 bucks started clashing antlers.

Thanks all

Deerhunter1414
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
T.S128
post Sep 28 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Hunter

Member No.: 4,720

from my experiences at this time of year, "the can" has seemed to be pretty ineffective.
good luck

--------------------
"the intrusion of crossbows into archery seasons [are] the most imminent and critical threat to the future of bowhunting as we know it." Pope and Young Club
+Quote Post
Deerhunter1414
post Sep 28 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,860

QUOTE(T.S128 @ Sep 28 2011, 01:00 PM) *

from my experiences at this time of year, "the can" has seemed to be pretty ineffective.
good luck

Hey thanks, could you explain how to use the trophy grunter? I read the instructions but they do not show which setting if you could call iy that on the grunter for the calls. I want to get the big buck in close to my bait or at about 30 yrds. What call do I use?
+Quote Post
skeeterthehunter
post Sep 28 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Tracker

Member No.: 24,625

I would say stick to the young buck, that way you won't scare off any good bucks that are not the dominate buck. If you use the mature buck grunt you could scare other good bucks that have been beaten by the dominate buck, that is my understanding.

--------------------
I'LL KEEP MY RELIGION, I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, I'LL KEEP MY FREEDOM... YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CHANGE
+Quote Post
Drop-time
post Sep 29 2011, 04:36 AM
Post #5

Deer/Turkey Guy

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 14,099

The "can" is effective at this time of the year on does and fawns. Mature bucks on the whole are just not as active as they will be in say 3 weeks, so chances of calling one in with the can are a bit slimmer, though not impossible.
In regards to your question...call softly and sparsely this time of year with the grunt tube. 3-4 light blows, followed by a turn or two of the can every 15-20 minutes.
I usually have younger bucks come in this time of year, but the does usually get deflated.
Good luck!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 01:44 PM