> Team 2 The Beard Collectors, welcome to the brotherhood
peter/pmr
post May 15 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #131

Trophy Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,851

QUOTE(GreeneCoDeerKiller @ May 13 2011, 12:32 PM) *

Hey Pete you ever though of throwing Black Oil Sun flower seeds or Milo? Those are things that deer won't eat that will feed turkeys, also believe it or not bird feed does well also. We usally throw a combination of that in Jan through the end of Feb to give the turkeys some food in that harsh time.

Yeah I started to add the sunflower seeds in february mixing it with the corn,to stretch the sunflower seeds alittle farther,it is only 6.00 a 50lbs of corn,where it is 20.00 a bag for sunflower seeds and it gets eaten up by the song birds just as quick as the deer hammer the corn,but either way I am still going to put it out for them every year,just makes sense too me to help them get thru the winter,healthy,it can only benefit the population! I have figured out that if I put the corn out in the mornings I have a better chance of getting the corn to the turkeys than if I put it out in the evenings where the deer are out feeding!

--------------------
2013 Totals

Canada Geese 157
Mallards 54
Woodies 28
Teal 24
widgeon 9
Blacks 12
Goldeneyes 56
Buffleheads 31
Bluebills 5
snows 129
Bands 3

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GreeneCoDeerKiller
post May 15 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #132

Turkey thug

Member No.: 2,714

Yeah, sunflower seeds get pricey, I think I can get them for 14$ for 50lbs, but I'm like you, I'm gonna do anything I can to help them through the winter. The morning thing helps also, but we have so many deer that they usally get all the corn we through.

--------------------
Hunter

"call loud cause I can, soft cause I must, share no secerts, no one I trust, rain or shine it don't matter to me, I'm turkey thug of the 10th degree" -cuz turkey thug intro

When your in the turkey woods from sun rise to sun set, wear out a pair of boots, and 4 cushions every time you go you know you gave it all you had.

www.arrowslinger.com
+Quote Post
ArmyScout
post May 16 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #133

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 29,066

well guys, my season is over =( it runs until may 31st, but duty calls. 3 weeks of training to gear up for my deployment...starting tomorow. sorry i couldnt post any points for us. been an off kinda season. i hunted hard and did the best i could with zero luck. birds just henned up, tight lipped and not moving like normal. wish i coulda scored one but, thats hunting. again sorry i couldnt post some points.
+Quote Post
turkey master 911
post May 16 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #134

Tracker

Member No.: 15,526

Thanks for what you do for us. Stay safe and hurry back.

--------------------
2010 & 2011 Back To Back Primos Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team Dirt Nap
BannerFans.com
+Quote Post
Juggernaut
post May 17 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #135

Tracker

Member No.: 22,670

It's fine guys, no problem in not scoring points. I can't really speak for any others, but for me this contest isn't about winning or loosing it is about coming in here and sharing story with other hunters like me and creating friendships while sharing stories and getting advice. To me turkey hunting isn't about killing a turkey either. While I like shooting a turkey just as much as the next guy, turkey hunting is more about the time we get to spend in God's amazing creation and sharing that time with people we love. Also thank you for all you do for our country, know that it is greatly appriciated and my God watch over you and keep you safe.

--------------------
No matter how far away from hunting I am it will always be my heart and soul.
+Quote Post
peter/pmr
post May 21 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #136

Trophy Hunter

QUOTE(ArmyScout @ May 16 2011, 09:53 AM) *

well guys, my season is over =( it runs until may 31st, but duty calls. 3 weeks of training to gear up for my deployment...starting tomorow. sorry i couldnt post any points for us. been an off kinda season. i hunted hard and did the best i could with zero luck. birds just henned up, tight lipped and not moving like normal. wish i coulda scored one but, thats hunting. again sorry i couldnt post some points.

Not a issue at all! You tried and that is all that matters! The only other thing that matters now is you pay attention to your training and stay safe! And the only way to stay safe is to follow your training! Think that is more important than killing a turkey!

--------------------
2013 Totals

Canada Geese 157
Mallards 54
Woodies 28
Teal 24
widgeon 9
Blacks 12
Goldeneyes 56
Buffleheads 31
Bluebills 5
snows 129
Bands 3

+Quote Post
peter/pmr
post May 24 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #137

Trophy Hunter

WOW team 1 just came back with a vengence! They are at 299.-!

--------------------
2013 Totals

Canada Geese 157
Mallards 54
Woodies 28
Teal 24
widgeon 9
Blacks 12
Goldeneyes 56
Buffleheads 31
Bluebills 5
snows 129
Bands 3

+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 12 13 14
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 12:01 PM