Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nebraska Turkey Hunt
mobowhunter31
post Dec 12 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,361

My buddies and i take a spring turkey hunting trip every year, was wondering if someone could give me som advice on Ne, we are wanting to hunt some public land for true Merrriam's aNY advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Photobucket

Put EM on The Ground!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
buckykm1
post Dec 16 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #2

Supreme Hunter

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,521

I have never hunted in NE, but when i go threw it on my way to my Elk hunts i see a lot of Turkeys in SW Ne, i don't know if there is public land there or not, but there is a lot of bird.

Kevin

--------------------
Never argue with a Idiot, They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

2010 Elknutz, Elk contest champions

Photobucket
+Quote Post
exhughes2
post Dec 16 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Hunter

Member No.: 10,632

Look here....

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/parks/guides...ch/findpark.asp

This post has been edited by exhughes2: Dec 16 2010, 04:59 PM

--------------------
2011 Turkey Contest Champs - Team Dirt Nap
2010 Turkey Contest Champs - Team Dirt Nap
2010 Elk Contest Champs - Team Elknutz
+Quote Post
Bill Lewis
post Dec 31 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #4

Tracker

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 8,053

The Fort Robinson area in western Nebraska is a great bet and tons on history around the fort. You can actually get a room in the fort and walk out the gate and go hunting, pretty much. The only other area I know if is around Niobrara in north central Nebraska, but mostly private land. There is also some Rios up there. Go to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission website. I would send them an email and get specific with them. They will send you lots of information. The Santee Indian reservation would also be a good bet in that area. Their tags are not state tags.
Bill
+Quote Post
manybeards
post Feb 6 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Tracker

Member No.: 1,978

QUOTE(Bill Lewis @ Dec 30 2010, 09:57 PM) *

The Fort Robinson area in western Nebraska is a great bet and tons on history around the fort. You can actually get a room in the fort and walk out the gate and go hunting, pretty much. The only other area I know if is around Niobrara in north central Nebraska, but mostly private land. There is also some Rios up there. Go to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission website. I would send them an email and get specific with them. They will send you lots of information. The Santee Indian reservation would also be a good bet in that area. Their tags are not state tags.
Bill

Ft. Robinson is a great place to start. From there head east to Crawford and then south about eight miles to the Ponderosa WMA. Plenty of Merriams in the area. Private land can be accessable. Just approach the landowners and tell them you're from OOS. They are generally quite friendly. Have a great time!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 07:23 AM