Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dove Traffic?
primos hunter
post Sep 20 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,412

Anyone know what I could do to get some good dove traffic coming through the fields?
Next year we will plant something in this field. It will be like a dove plot, cows will eat alot so I'm mainly focusing on what will be good for the dove. I heard some seeds are to big?

--------------------
Guns Don't Kill People, Drivers On Cell Phones Kill People!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PDKev134
post Sep 20 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Hunter

Member No.: 10,259

Don't know if you're looking for something that's also strictly feed for cattle, but I've had good luck throwing sunflower seeds around the bank of my pond. Brings 'em in like a magnet. They love the stuff, but don't know if you want to plant sunflowers in your field.

(Check out the thread below on "Sunflowers.") wink.gif

This post has been edited by PDKev134: Sep 20 2010, 09:52 PM
+Quote Post
GreeneCoDeerKiller
post Sep 21 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #3

Turkey thug

Member No.: 2,714

Sunflowers are a great draw, also cut corn is a great pull. Also something that is easy is breaking up ground and top sowing winter wheat seed on it, that really draws doves.

--------------------
Hunter

"call loud cause I can, soft cause I must, share no secerts, no one I trust, rain or shine it don't matter to me, I'm turkey thug of the 10th degree" -cuz turkey thug intro

When your in the turkey woods from sun rise to sun set, wear out a pair of boots, and 4 cushions every time you go you know you gave it all you had.

www.arrowslinger.com
+Quote Post
ol'gobblerhunter
post Oct 2 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #4

this guy

Member No.: 23,014

the three main things doves love is wheat sunflowers and corn, if you have those three seeds you will have more doves than you can imagine, o and doves also like grain sorghum also called milo.

--------------------
this guy, the hi-tech redneck
some call it an obsession, others a tradition, and even a fun sport. to me it is all of those but also the battle between man and animal, and an eye opener to that we aint as smart as we think.

team10
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:42 AM