> 2010-2011 Primos Cabin Chat Elk Contest Rules
Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3
post Jul 22 2010, 02:50 AM
Post #1

Spike Killer!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 6,346

DISCLAIMER

This is a COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL CONTEST. The 2010-2011 Primos Cabin Chat Forum Members Elk Contest is a contest created and operated independently by Primos Cabin Chat forum members. It is not officially sanctioned or managed by Primos Hunting Calls whatsoever.

It's time once again for the 4th Annual elk contest! Please read and understand all the rules before entering. If you have a question about the rules, please ask it in this thread and we will get you an answer. I (Trent aka Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3) will be solely running this contest this year. If you have any problems please get ahold of me and i will try to resolve it as soon as possible. Just remember, I will be hunting too!

DEADLINES
- SIGN-UP DEADLINE - You have until August 11th to sign-up and participate in the contest. There will be no exceptions to this rule unless we have an uneven number of hunters and at that time we will extend the sign ups until we reach our designated number.

ENTRY DEADLINE
- Contest will run from the opening day of the first legal elk season until February 28th, 2011 or until all legal elk seasons are closed. At midnight on February 28th, 2011, or a future date to be determined, the contest will be closed to further entries.

ELIGIBLE ENTRIES
- Any elk taken in the 2010-11 elk season. Both cows and bulls are eligible for entry. Elk may be taken any legal way chosen (bow, shotgun, rifle, etc... motor vehicles not allowed).

SCORING
- Five points for a bull elk.
- - One additional point will be added for every point on the rack of ONE inch or more.
- Five points for a cow elk.

- Participants score will consist of one elk. If you are allowed to shoot more than one elk you may upgrade your score by submitting the new elk, this will cancel out your previous elk.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIGNING-UP
- In the 2010-2011 Elk Contest Sign up thread make a post including your screen name, your age, the state(s) you will be hunting in, if you’re a resident or a nonresident of the state you are hunting, your current post count, and the opening day/last day of your elk season per state, this will determine the last day of the contest so check your regulations and be precise. You must have at least a 100 post count to participate in this contest. Due to people signing up and then not coming back to keep their teammates updated this rule will be enforced.

HOW AND WHEN WILL TEAMS BE DRAWN
- Shortly after August 11th I will randomly pick the teams from a pool of age (youth and adult) and resident/nonresident hunters. If the number of participants can be evenly divided at the deadline to make suitable teams it will be done, otherwise we will allow a short deadline extension that will end once the needed number of participants is filled. There will be a thread called 2010-2011 Unofficial Primos Cc Elk Contest - TEAMS & SCORES that will list the drawing outcome as well as have a running score throughout the contest.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTERING AN ELK
- To submit an entry, include in the 2010-2011 Unofficial Primos Elk Contest - ENTRY thread...
- Your screen name, the number of tines that are longer than ONE inch (main beam counts) and Photos will be required.

The photos are....

#1- A clear and readable photo of himself/herself with at least the front half of the elk and either a piece of paper with the year (2010 or 2011) on it or the photo must be date stamped. This picture has to be OF THE ELK with the head attached to the body, pictures of only the skull plate and/or cape will not be accepted.

#2- If the first photo does not show all points, then we need a photo that shows the points that cannot be seen. If ONE inch tine length is questionable please supply a photo with a measurement against the tine for verification.

#3- A photo of a clear and readable legal tag is a MUST, no elk will be excepted without a picture of the tag. The tag picture can be on or off the elk, but must be filled out completely either way.

(I understand many of you are hunting in the backcountry and getting pictures is difficult and I will try as hard as I can to make your pictures work. But there must be an attempt on your part. One picture in your garage of an elk head saying you didn't have a camera or the paper isn't going to do it. If you make an attempt I will too.)

- FOR PARTICIPANTS IN STATES THAT DO NOT HAVE A TAGGING SYSTEM follows these instructions. Write the following information down on a piece of paper, your forum name, date elk was taken, state elk was taken in, print and sign your name - scan or take a picture of that information and supply it instead of the tag picture.

** If you have issues with scanning or posting your photos we would be happy to help you out or post them for you, just send one of us a PM.

TIE BREAKERS
- In case of a tie, the teams participant scores will be arranged in descending order, the scores will be compared in that order with the highest participant score indicating the winning team. In the odd case of a tie past this the team names will be put in a hat and drawn, whoever is pulled is the winner.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ETC.
- Please feel free to contact me via PM if you have any questions.

DISPUTES
- Each team has seven days to dispute an entry from the time it is entered. After the seven days, what is done is done and nobody will be able to dispute that entry. If you want to dispute entries do it by pm to me and I will decide the outcome. Once decided the ruling is final and nothing else will be said about it. Do not openly dispute an entry. Arguments of the sort will not be tolerated.

Let's have fun!!!

- Here ya go folks! Let the smack talk begin and good luck this coming hunting season, aim true and shoot straight! Ladies and gentlemen, the 2010-2011 Primos Cabin Chat elk hunting contest…

--------------------
Trent Williams
WYO!!!
2009 ELK CONTEST CHAMPIONS!
2011-2012 DEER CONTEST CHAMPIONS!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hoyt man
post Jul 25 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,127

well i would join but dont have enough posts yet.

This post has been edited by Hoyt man: Jul 25 2010, 04:34 AM
+Quote Post
Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3
post Jul 30 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Spike Killer!

You better hurry and get enough!

--------------------
Trent Williams
WYO!!!

+Quote Post
skingrizz-CO.
post Aug 11 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 22,460

thanks Trent, shoot something with branched antlers this year!

This post has been edited by skingrizz-CO.: Aug 11 2010, 09:52 PM

--------------------
"CANT CHEAT THE MOUNTAIN PILGRIM"

=}--SKINGRIZZ--->
+Quote Post
Hoyt man
post Aug 13 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

no ill wait till next year
+Quote Post
Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3
post Aug 13 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Spike Killer!

I sure hope so Skingrizz...for once I'll be concentrating more on my deer hunt since I drew out for a coveted unit. And my dad drew a coveted unit for elk so I'll be helping him with calling and such....but you better believe I'll be elk hunting for myself quite a bit, it just might end up being later in the year or a couple day trips or something....but heck last year it only took my a half hour! LOL.

PS. Sign ups are CLOSED!

--------------------
Trent Williams
WYO!!!

+Quote Post
Hoyt man
post Aug 14 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Ya i saw that i was on a trip for about 2 weeks and didnt have internet so was not able to so maybe next year.
+Quote Post
gilahunter
post Aug 19 2010, 05:14 AM
Post #8

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 34,718

Well, I guess its to late to sign up. I just got my account this week
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:58 PM