Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Primos Bow, Bow
stoutk
post Nov 28 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #11

Supreme Hunter

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,883

I haven't had anything but good interactions with Primos...before the sell and after the sell. As for Mathews vs. Bear, it is a business, and business revolves around money. You can hang your hat on anything you like but businesses and money go hand in hand. Part of it... dry.gif

--------------------
 photo primosG2s_zps0622d5f5.jpg

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Juggernaut
post Nov 28 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #12

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,670

QUOTE(konrad @ Nov 27 2010, 05:06 AM) *

I believe Primos phrased it somethig like this: the decesion was based on benifit to our shareholders...
Primos has never built their own bow to my knowlege.
Bear Archery did the design, production and marketing of the Truth line of bows.
I currently own and shoot the '07 Truth. It will be a few more years before I cash that one in!

Yes, this is correct, Primos just got their name put on a bow that was made by Bear Archery. And before that PSE owned the contract to use the Primos name and they came out with a Primos Bow.

--------------------
No matter how far away from hunting I am it will always be my heart and soul.
+Quote Post
jcELK
post Nov 29 2010, 01:32 AM
Post #13

Spot&Stalk

Member No.: 11,961

QUOTE(huntina150 @ Nov 27 2010, 02:11 AM) *

That is part of the problem. When Mr. Will Primos sold his company, it became about a bunch of investors, and sadly enough it will only be a matter of time before their products as well as customer service begin to suffer.

Primos has been switching bow companies way before he sold out. Off the top of my head I can remember them shooting Golden Eagle, PSE, Archery Research, Bear, and now Mathews. I don't understand what the big deal is with them not shooting Bear bows anymore?? Nobody said anything when they dropped PSE or Golden Eagle.

This post has been edited by jcELK: Nov 29 2010, 01:34 AM

--------------------
Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

photo TeamBanner_zps1687c81a.jpg
+Quote Post
konrad
post Nov 29 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #14

Tracker

Member No.: 20,660

Matthews, PSE, Hoyt and Martin are all big names today; however, Bear has name recognition that transcends beyond archers. Virtually anyone with even remote association with the hunting world knows the name “Bear”.

I would venture to say that if you took one hundred non-hunting Americans off of the street and asked them “Who makes archery equipment in the United States?” ninety nine percent of those who could give an answer would say “Bear”.

When I have my new design patented, I will offer it to Bear Archery first.

I may not be Native American but I have Bear in my heart.

--------------------
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter can not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Col. Jeff Cooper
+Quote Post
Cha_CHA
post Nov 29 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #15

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 16,893

I do not think Mathews will put the primos name on anything... Look at the People that are shooting mathews bows...Lee and Tiff, Primos, driven, in pursuit, night and hale, wild outdoors, and the white tail freaks crew just to name a few... and the have yet to come out with any signature bows. They sell their bows based on their innovation and the fact that all of those people are shooting them.... I have a question about Primos camo??? since they are now wearing under armor what are they wearing mathews bows are lost camo and most of the UA is realtree apg... did they split with mossy oak?

--------------------
Mathews 'MONSTER" aka life thief
+Quote Post
huntina150
post Nov 29 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #16

Tracker

Member No.: 25,634

QUOTE(jcELK @ Nov 28 2010, 07:32 PM) *

Primos has been switching bow companies way before he sold out. Off the top of my head I can remember them shooting Golden Eagle, PSE, Archery Research, Bear, and now Mathews. I don't understand what the big deal is with them not shooting Bear bows anymore?? Nobody said anything when they dropped PSE or Golden Eagle.

I dont care what bow they shoot, In my experience, shoot whatever feels good. all bows on the upper end ,no matter who makes them, perform pretty much the same. My experience with business is when a company sells their interest to a group of investors, products, followed by customer service begin to suffer.

--------------------
Is it bow season yet?
+Quote Post
STLTexan
post Dec 6 2010, 03:41 AM
Post #17

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 26,700

I agree it's all the high bidder for sure..I have the '03 '04 and '05 STL by PSE and still shoot them all
+Quote Post
Todd Imiola
post Dec 6 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #18

Supreme Hunter

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 9

No they are still Mossy Oak I believe. They may be shooting black bows too.

--------------------
Todd Imiola Primos Prostaff (NY)
+Quote Post
J-Daddy
post Dec 7 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #19

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 50

As far as I know nothing has changed with Primos & MossyOak unless it happens for 2011 and I kinda doubt that since Primos & MossyOak have a long standing relationship.
As far as bow companies go, anytime a big video/tv crew like Primos changes bow companies everyone screams that they are a sell out...If Lee & Tiff show up shooting Hoyt next year they will hear the same thing. It happened with the Drury boys when they went to PSE after years with Hoyt...It's nothing more than business, anyone of us would do the same if we got offered a huge money contract to shoot for another company. I shoot for Athens Archery but I'm not gonna lie, if Mathews or anyone else called tomorrow and said "We'll give you X amount of dollars to shoot our bow" I'd have to really consider it...You gotta pay the bills, plus everyone builds good bows these days so it's hard to get a junky bow.

--------------------
Mossy Oak Pro Staff, Athens Archery Staff Shooter, Black Gold Premium Bowsights Staff, Hot Shot Releases Staff, John's Customs "strings & tuning" ProStaff Manager, Stingray Stabilizers ProStaff
+Quote Post
Matthew J. Greene
post Mar 5 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #20

Buckeye State Hunter

Member No.: 39

QUOTE(J-Daddy @ Dec 7 2010, 01:36 PM) *

everyone builds good bows these days so it's hard to get a junky bow.

Agreed!

I still shoot my STL. I bought it because of the fit, ease of shooting, and price point. I'm just a Joe Average dragging my butt to the woods as often as I can. I want something that shoots well and is affordable. I can't see my money going to a Mathews. I'll stay with what I have for now. If I ever change it might be for a Bowtech or a Diamond. I've shot them a couple of times and liked them.

--------------------
Matthew

Check out Geocaching.com. Put your GPS enabled device to another use that the whole family will enjoy. I'm M_J_Greene on the forum.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 08:07 AM