> H&r- Nef Pardner 10 Ga. Turkey Gun
Buzzman82
post Feb 2 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,068

Hello,

I would like to be able to get yalls input on the 10 ga. Pardner turkey gun. Does anyone here have one of these shotguns? How well do they pattern with the factory turkey choke. I am thinking about using the Remington premier magnum copper plated #4 load. Turkey loads for the 10 ga. seem kinda limited. Any info will be appreciated
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
C3Farms
post Feb 2 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Pinetuckey Calls Pro Staff

Member No.: 15,749

I am not familiar with HR choke tubes. I have an old HR single shot 10 with a full choke barrel. I have always shot Winchester Supreme #4's out of it and have been happy with the results. I now shoot Win Supreme #4's out of my SuperMag.

As for the shells, if your choices seem limited you have not looked hard enough...Remington, Winchester, Federal and Hevi-13 all make 10ga turkey loads in #4's, #5's and I think even a #6. Anyway, they are out there...you gotta just find one you (and your gun) like. Lot of guys on here swear by Nitro shells and I would probably like them too but I don't dislike what I am shooting and consistantly kill birds now so why change.

Good Hunting
JC

--------------------

Any man's finest hour, the greatest fullfillment to all that he holds dear is when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
+Quote Post
msufan08
post Feb 11 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 14,528

I bought a H&R pardner in youth 20 gauge last week for my wife to use and for me to rabbit hunt with. Have yet to shoot it with turkey loads because I'm waiting for a choke for it. It takes a winchester/mossburg/invector thread and my local store didn't have one in 20 ga. Love the way it handles and loads but I'm still curious to know how it patterns.

--------------------
"American By Birth, Southern By The Grace of GOD"
"Eat what you kill, Vote Republican, and GOD Bless America"

+Quote Post
jestridg
post Mar 2 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 5,684

QUOTE(Buzzman82 @ Feb 2 2010, 09:57 AM) *

Hello,

I would like to be able to get yalls input on the 10 ga. Pardner turkey gun. Does anyone here have one of these shotguns? How well do they pattern with the factory turkey choke. I am thinking about using the Remington premier magnum copper plated #4 load. Turkey loads for the 10 ga. seem kinda limited. Any info will be appreciated

a jellyhead , a red-dot, & some 2x5x7 nitros....no turkey has a chance within 60-65 yds.

This post has been edited by jestridg: Mar 2 2010, 01:31 AM
+Quote Post
bbtech
post Mar 5 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 27,605

QUOTE(Buzzman82 @ Feb 2 2010, 09:57 AM) *

Hello,

I've seen after market chokes for this gun at think at Midwest turkey call supply. My step dad owned one a couple of years back and it done really well for him even with the factory choke. He was also limited on available shells made for it. All I remember is it kicked like a MULE. biggrin.gif

--------------------
We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
Aldo Leopold
+Quote Post
TURKEY TAMER
post May 8 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 55,038

I have a NE 10 ga. I shoot the exact shells you are talking about in a #4 shot. I am 12 for 12 on turkey and 1 for 1 on coyote. The longest shot was 45 yards, and it put the bird down without any problem. At 45 yards it actually put some shot into the top part of his wings. His neck was in pretty bad shape. I have not looked into after-market chokes much, I am just using the factory choke. I am very pleased with the gun and the ammo, cause it makes'm do the funky flop. Hang'em on a limb and be safe.

--------------------

Member of the 2012 Turkey Contest Champions
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 01:42 PM