Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alaska, DIY in Alaska
superslam
post Jan 28 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,549

Has anyone done a DIY in Alaska? I am looking into it and trying to get as much information on a hunt as possible. Any information that is given is greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 4,015

I've never hunted Ak but I have some friends who used to work with some guides up there. From what I know the central Brooks range is where you want to be. You can get an outfitter to fly you into a base camp and then you can hunt around there. It is also good to get dropped at one site, then hunt your way to a pick up some place else. I've talked to people who got dropped off on a lake, hunted the low lands for moose, bear, ect. Started moving up to hunt caribou and goats. Went over the top of the mountain range chaseing sheep. Then they went down hunting things in the reverse order and got picked up on the other side of the mountain on different lake. They said it was awesome.

Also shop around for your plane. Deals to be found!!!

--------------------
You Can Always Tell The Boys That Grew-Up Country!
+Quote Post
superslam
post Jan 30 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #3

Tracker

Member No.: 11,549

QUOTE(****** @ Jan 29 2010, 01:53 PM) *

I've never hunted Ak but I have some friends who used to work with some guides up there. From what I know the central Brooks range is where you want to be. You can get an outfitter to fly you into a base camp and then you can hunt around there. It is also good to get dropped at one site, then hunt your way to a pick up some place else. I've talked to people who got dropped off on a lake, hunted the low lands for moose, bear, ect. Started moving up to hunt caribou and goats. Went over the top of the mountain range chaseing sheep. Then they went down hunting things in the reverse order and got picked up on the other side of the mountain on different lake. They said it was awesome.

Also shop around for your plane. Deals to be found!!!

thanks for the input.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 09:27 PM