Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hunting Video Cameras
clarkeman1954
post Nov 23 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #1

Bonified Killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,376

Im looking for a good video camera i can use for filming hunts. I dont want anything really expensive but whats somethign nice with good quality for a good price?

--------------------
Cody

When you shoot with Bear Archery its a Done Deal

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
turkeyguy
post Nov 24 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Tracker

Member No.: 23,040

I just use a decent Sony camera and it works great, you just need something small and that works decent and definatley a tri-pod.

--------------------
Life Is Good!! Hunt Forever!!! God Bless!
+Quote Post
bushwhacker
post Nov 27 2009, 04:25 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 4,077

Get a sony handycam that shoots in HD. They run about $800 and use the Hd mini DV tapes in case you get some special footage that someone might want to buy, B/c all the shows on shoot in HD now.

--------------------
-Wes

PSE Fieldstaff member
+Quote Post
primos hunter
post Dec 3 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #4

Tracker

Member No.: 24,412

If you bow hunt they make an acessory that attaches to your bow and your camera attaches to it and probably for gun to.

--------------------
Guns Don't Kill People, Drivers On Cell Phones Kill People!
+Quote Post
JYawn
post Dec 3 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Regular Whitetail Wizard

Member No.: 17,815

how do you guys film... I think it would be neat to do once or twice but i cant imagine how to film myself.

--------------------
Photobucket
Huntin' in good ole TN
+Quote Post
bowhunt24/7
post Dec 5 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #6

Hunter

Member No.: 18,354

If you are going to film yourself you need to get a camera arm for in the tree stand. Filming yourself really hampers where you can hunt. If you are self filming you need to be in an area where you can see a deer coming from a distance so you can get the camera turned on and ready and then grab your bow or gun. When the deer gets close you have to get the camera in front of the deer, get it to stop in the frame, be drawn back and shoot. It can be tricky, but it is fun to do. I am actually to the point where I have a camera man filming me. It is so much easier, for me that is.

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
+Quote Post
iowabucks
post Dec 8 2009, 04:45 AM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 25,156

Look into a Canon HV20, 30, or 40. It is an HD videocamera. The HV40 is the only one currently being made. The others you can find used or refurbished. I purchased a refurbished HV20 and love it. Have used it so far for turkey hunting and this fall for deer hunting. It was in the $400 range. After reading all the reviews for it i found that it has a better picture as any other videocamera in it's price range, and the next price range up. Look into it if thats the price range you are looking for.

You definately would want a camera arm. Don't get a cheap one either or you will regret it. I had a custom one made by a person on Archery Talk along with a fluid head. Rock Solid. The bow mounted ones have alot of camera shock at the shot and are tough to keep on the deer the whole time. Tripod for turkey hunting.

Don't forget a shotgun mic too. Onboard microphone wont sound very good on any videocamera. Wireless mics are in my future but they are pretty expensive. The Rode videomic i have is an excellent shotgun mic and runs around $125.

I can pack all this in (in my Badlands 2200) and videotape myself easily. It does take a little more work and time setting this up and taking it down, but it's well worth it when you get that first big buck footage, or your first kill.

Here's a picture. http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267/io.../DSC00094-1.jpg

This post has been edited by iowabucks: Dec 8 2009, 04:45 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:44 PM