Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rattle Bag Questions
jcrhunter
post Nov 20 2009, 03:44 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,226

when should u use rattle bags and how aggressive should u use them? my buddy had a doe about 150 yards away today and he used them and she just looked right at him and she kept eatn. just wanted to know if anyone had and tips on using rattle bags.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hogsrule
post Nov 20 2009, 04:24 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 22,438

personaly i use them heavy(if I have one)but my Dad uses them lightly guess it just matters what the deer react to.

--------------------
Bow hunting is the best thing ever invented.
+Quote Post
Todd Imiola
post Nov 20 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #3

Supreme Hunter

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 9

I like to use the Primos Big Bucks Bag starting around Halloween. That's about the time when most of the bucks start getting active here with the ladies. I always wait until it's light enough to shoot and then start my sequence. I'll crash them together hard to start. Then I'll simulate the pushing that occurs when they are locked up fighting. The whole thing only last about 30-45 seconds. At the end I may throw on a grunt or two. Before I start I may throw out a grunt or two along with a snort wheeze.
I have used a rattle bag earlier in the season but just lightly used it like some light sparring was going on. Also it's good to remember every deer that hears it may not come in. Some may even spoook from the sound. Good luck the rest of the season!

--------------------
Todd Imiola Primos Prostaff (NY)
+Quote Post
JUSTABOW
post Nov 21 2009, 02:34 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 25,750

dry.gif I had a young buck pass by at about 150 yards this evening and wanted to see what he'd do so I busted the bag then tickled a bit. He and his buddy I hadn't seen yot blew outa there like a rocket! Guess he wasn't ready to brawl.
+Quote Post
cbidds400
post Nov 22 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 25,223

took my biggest buck with a bow last saturday. i rattled and then grunted a few time and he came out of a corn field and just looked around. he turned to go back in the corn and i clanked my horns just real light and quick and he turned and came about 100 yards right to me. first time ive ever rattled one in!! man thats exciting..got the blood pumping!!
+Quote Post
SC Bucks n Birds
post Nov 23 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #6

Hunter

Member No.: 20,406

QUOTE(cbidds400 @ Nov 21 2009, 10:23 PM) *

took my biggest buck with a bow last saturday. i rattled and then grunted a few time and he came out of a corn field and just looked around. he turned to go back in the corn and i clanked my horns just real light and quick and he turned and came about 100 yards right to me. first time ive ever rattled one in!! man thats exciting..got the blood pumping!!

Post some pics of the buck if you have them. We are picture freaks on here!!!!!!!

--------------------
QDMA: "Let him go so he can grow"
+Quote Post
jcrhunter
post Nov 24 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 25,226

thats awsome man. like SC Bucks n Birds said we like pics. got to post some up man.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:15 AM