> 2009-2010 Primos Cabin Chat Contest Rules, Mod please pin
montanaelkslayer
post Jul 20 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #1

Elk Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,891

DISCLAIMER

This is a COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL CONTEST. The 2009-2010 Primos Cabin Chat Forum Members Elk Contest is a contest created and operated independently by Primos Cabin Chat forum members. It is not officially sanctioned or managed by Primos Hunting Calls whatsoever.

It's time once again for the 3rd Annual elk contest! Please read and understand all the rules before entering. If you have a question about the rules, please ask it in this thread and we will get you an answer. Also all red wording indicates a change for the 2009-2010 elk contest. The two hunters that are running this operation are Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3 and I (Montanaelkslayer), so if you have any issues please get with one of us, thanks.

DEADLINES
- SIGN-UP DEADLINE - You have until August 7th to sign-up and participate in the contest. There will be no exceptions to this rule unless we have an uneven number of hunters and at that time we will extend the sign ups until we reach our designated number.

ENTRY DEADLINE
- Contest will run from the opening day of the first legal elk season until February 28th, 2010 or until all legal elk seasons are closed. At midnight on February 28th, 2010, or a future date to be determined, the contest will be closed to further entries.

ELIGIBLE ENTRIES
- Any elk taken in the 2009-10 elk season. Both cows and bulls are eligible for entry. Elk may be taken any legal way chosen (bow, shotgun, rifle, etc... motor vehicles not allowed).

SCORING
- Five points for a bull elk.
- - One additional point will be added for every point on the rack of four inch or more.
- Five points for a cow elk.

- Participants score will consist of one elk. If you are allowed to shoot more than one elk you may upgrade your score by submitting the new elk, this will cancel out your previous elk.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIGNING-UP
- In the 2009-2010 Elk Contest Sign up thread make a post including your screen name, your age, the state(s) you will be hunting in, if you’re a resident or a nonresident of the state you are hunting, your current post count, and the opening day/last day of your elk season per state, this will determine the last day of the contest so check your regulations and be precise. NEW FOR THIS YEAR, YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST A 100 POST COUNT TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. Due to people signing up and then not coming back to keep their teammates updated this rule will be enforced.

HOW AND WHEN WILL TEAMS BE DRAWN
- Shortly after August 7th I will randomly pick the teams from a pool of age (youth and adult) and resident/nonresident hunters. If the number of participants can be evenly divided at the deadline to make suitable teams it will be done, otherwise we will allow a short deadline extension that will end once the needed number of participants is filled. There will be a thread called 2009-2010 Unofficial Primos Cc Elk Contest - TEAMS & SCORES that will list the drawing outcome as well as have a running score throughout the contest.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTERING AN ELK
- To submit an entry, include in the 2009-2010 Unofficial Primos Elk Contest - ENTRY thread...
- Your screen name, the number of tines that are longer than four inch (main beam counts) and Photos will be required.

The photos are....

#1- A clear and readable photo of himself/herself with at least the front half of the elk and either a piece of paper with the year (2009 or 2010) on it or the photo must be date stamped. This picture has to be OF THE ELK with the head attached to the body, pictures of only the skull plate and/or cape will not be accepted.

#2- If the first photo does not show all points, then we need a photo that shows the points that cannot be seen. If four inch tine length is questionable please supply a photo with a measurement against the tine for verification.

#3- A photo of a clear and readable legal tag is a MUST, no elk will be excepted without a picture of the tag. The tag picture can be on or off the elk, but must be filled out completely either way.

- FOR PARTICIPANTS IN STATES THAT DO NOT HAVE A TAGGING SYSTEM follows these instructions. Write the following information down on a piece of paper, your forum name, date elk was taken, state elk was taken in, print and sign your name - scan or take a picture of that information and supply it instead of the tag picture.

** If you have issues with scanning or posting your photos we would be happy to help you out or post them for you, just send one of us a PM.

TIE BREAKERS
- In case of a tie, the teams participant scores will be arranged in descending order, the scores will be compared in that order with the highest participant score indicating the winning team. In the odd case of a tie past this the team names will be put in a hat and drawn, whoever is pulled is the winner.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ETC.
- Please feel free to contact one of us via PM if you have any questions.

DISPUTES
- Each team has seven days to dispute an entry from the time it is entered. After the seven days, what is done is done and nobody will be able to dispute that entry. If you want to dispute entries do it by pm to one of the two of us and we will as a team decide the outcome. Once decided the ruling is final and nothing else will be said about it. Do not openly dispute an entry. Arguments of the sort will not be tolerated.

Let's have fun!!!

- Here ya go folks! Let the smack talk begin and good luck this coming hunting season, aim true and shoot straight! Ladies and gentlemen, the 2009-2010 Primos Cabin Chat elk hunting contest…

This post has been edited by montanaelkslayer: Jul 20 2009, 04:54 AM

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

2007 PSE X-Force, 71#, 27" draw, Black Gold 4 pin sight, Spot Hogg Whammy rest, TR ridge hunter quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's arrows, G5 Striker 100 grain broadhead, lots of sims limbsaver toys all over. Oh yeah I am bringin the heat now!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
WYOelkFREAK
post Jul 30 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 18,291

I understand your reasons for adding the 100 posts requirement, but I feel that the requirement is excessive.

I only have 23 posts to my name to date. I have been using the Primos chat room for over a year now. I am on almost every day reading up on what others have to say and checking out all the interesting topics. However, I do not post a lot unless I feel that I have something important to say. Why should this keep me out of the contests?

Please re-think this requirement.
+Quote Post
montanaelkslayer
post Jul 31 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #3

Elk Fanatic

QUOTE(WYOelkFREAK @ Jul 30 2009, 02:56 PM) *

I understand your reasons for adding the 100 posts requirement, but I feel that the requirement is excessive.

I only have 23 posts to my name to date. I have been using the Primos chat room for over a year now. I am on almost every day reading up on what others have to say and checking out all the interesting topics. However, I do not post a lot unless I feel that I have something important to say. Why should this keep me out of the contests?

Please re-think this requirement.

Guess what, last year we had people sign up with only a few post and they never came back. It gets old trying to run a contest when all you get is 50 people sign up and then only like 10 really participate. As of right now we have less than 30 people signed up with a week to go, not much of a turn out. If we dont get more people to sign up then you will be excepted and more than likely next year there wont be a contest because nobody really wants to do it.

So in short do I need to re-think anything... No I dont. But sign up and if we dont get a big turn out the last week then you will be added in the poll of names. This is the rules and thats the way its going to be, sorry if you dont agree but you cant please everybody.

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

2007 PSE X-Force, 71#, 27" draw, Black Gold 4 pin sight, Spot Hogg Whammy rest, TR ridge hunter quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's arrows, G5 Striker 100 grain broadhead, lots of sims limbsaver toys all over. Oh yeah I am bringin the heat now!
+Quote Post
7sdad
post Aug 2 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 1,987

I participated last year and was a active member to my team and gave a full report when I returned from my hunt but I have less that 100 post so I guess I'm out this year?

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post
elk_man5283
post Aug 2 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #5

>>--Elk Whisperer--->

Member No.: 23,565

QUOTE(7sdad @ Aug 2 2009, 05:18 AM) *

I participated last year and was a active member to my team and gave a full report when I returned from my hunt but I have less that 100 post so I guess I'm out this year?

still sign up cause then if we do not have alot of people you will be added into the contest is what i understand.

--------------------
http://www.arrowslinger.com/forums/
NEVER TAKE A LAXATIVE AND A SLEEPING PILL ON THE SAME NIGHT!!!!
+Quote Post
psp8ball
post Aug 7 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #6

Tracker

Member No.: 6,023

Only a couple to go.

--------------------
It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.

+Quote Post
nhredneck4X4
post Apr 8 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #7

Tracker

Member No.: 24,992

QUOTE(montanaelkslayer @ Jul 19 2009, 10:51 PM) *

DISCLAIMER

This is a COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL CONTEST. The 2009-2010 Primos Cabin Chat Forum Members Elk Contest is a contest created and operated independently by Primos Cabin Chat forum members. It is not officially sanctioned or managed by Primos Hunting Calls whatsoever.

It's time once again for the 3rd Annual elk contest! Please read and understand all the rules before entering. If you have a question about the rules, please ask it in this thread and we will get you an answer. Also all red wording indicates a change for the 2009-2010 elk contest. The two hunters that are running this operation are Sp3Ak-Th3-LaNgUaG3 and I (Montanaelkslayer), so if you have any issues please get with one of us, thanks.

DEADLINES
- SIGN-UP DEADLINE - You have until August 7th to sign-up and participate in the contest. There will be no exceptions to this rule unless we have an uneven number of hunters and at that time we will extend the sign ups until we reach our designated number.

ENTRY DEADLINE
- Contest will run from the opening day of the first legal elk season until February 28th, 2010 or until all legal elk seasons are closed. At midnight on February 28th, 2010, or a future date to be determined, the contest will be closed to further entries.

ELIGIBLE ENTRIES
- Any elk taken in the 2009-10 elk season. Both cows and bulls are eligible for entry. Elk may be taken any legal way chosen (bow, shotgun, rifle, etc... motor vehicles not allowed).

SCORING
- Five points for a bull elk.
- - One additional point will be added for every point on the rack of four inch or more.
- Five points for a cow elk.

- Participants score will consist of one elk. If you are allowed to shoot more than one elk you may upgrade your score by submitting the new elk, this will cancel out your previous elk.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIGNING-UP
- In the 2009-2010 Elk Contest Sign up thread make a post including your screen name, your age, the state(s) you will be hunting in, if you’re a resident or a nonresident of the state you are hunting, your current post count, and the opening day/last day of your elk season per state, this will determine the last day of the contest so check your regulations and be precise. NEW FOR THIS YEAR, YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST A 100 POST COUNT TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. Due to people signing up and then not coming back to keep their teammates updated this rule will be enforced.

HOW AND WHEN WILL TEAMS BE DRAWN
- Shortly after August 7th I will randomly pick the teams from a pool of age (youth and adult) and resident/nonresident hunters. If the number of participants can be evenly divided at the deadline to make suitable teams it will be done, otherwise we will allow a short deadline extension that will end once the needed number of participants is filled. There will be a thread called 2009-2010 Unofficial Primos Cc Elk Contest - TEAMS & SCORES that will list the drawing outcome as well as have a running score throughout the contest.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTERING AN ELK
- To submit an entry, include in the 2009-2010 Unofficial Primos Elk Contest - ENTRY thread...
- Your screen name, the number of tines that are longer than four inch (main beam counts) and Photos will be required.

The photos are....

#1- A clear and readable photo of himself/herself with at least the front half of the elk and either a piece of paper with the year (2009 or 2010) on it or the photo must be date stamped. This picture has to be OF THE ELK with the head attached to the body, pictures of only the skull plate and/or cape will not be accepted.

#2- If the first photo does not show all points, then we need a photo that shows the points that cannot be seen. If four inch tine length is questionable please supply a photo with a measurement against the tine for verification.

#3- A photo of a clear and readable legal tag is a MUST, no elk will be excepted without a picture of the tag. The tag picture can be on or off the elk, but must be filled out completely either way.

- FOR PARTICIPANTS IN STATES THAT DO NOT HAVE A TAGGING SYSTEM follows these instructions. Write the following information down on a piece of paper, your forum name, date elk was taken, state elk was taken in, print and sign your name - scan or take a picture of that information and supply it instead of the tag picture.

** If you have issues with scanning or posting your photos we would be happy to help you out or post them for you, just send one of us a PM.

TIE BREAKERS
- In case of a tie, the teams participant scores will be arranged in descending order, the scores will be compared in that order with the highest participant score indicating the winning team. In the odd case of a tie past this the team names will be put in a hat and drawn, whoever is pulled is the winner.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ETC.
- Please feel free to contact one of us via PM if you have any questions.

DISPUTES
- Each team has seven days to dispute an entry from the time it is entered. After the seven days, what is done is done and nobody will be able to dispute that entry. If you want to dispute entries do it by pm to one of the two of us and we will as a team decide the outcome. Once decided the ruling is final and nothing else will be said about it. Do not openly dispute an entry. Arguments of the sort will not be tolerated.

Let's have fun!!!

- Here ya go folks! Let the smack talk begin and good luck this coming hunting season, aim true and shoot straight! Ladies and gentlemen, the 2009-2010 Primos Cabin Chat elk hunting contest…

some states do have high fenced elk hunting... do those count

--------------------
Greg The Worlds Greatest Redneck
Photobucket

+Quote Post
montanaelkslayer
post Jun 9 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #8

Elk Fanatic

pen shooting does not count in this contest.

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 02:09 AM