Closed TopicStart new topic
> Language..sensitive Issues Etc.., PM Moderators
Randolph Cox
post May 22 2009, 03:50 AM
Post #1

Supreme Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,187

As of late we have been having an issue with alot of bad language,personal attacks,and sensitive topics being posted.It seems as though as we get new members,and a larger crowd more things slip through the cracks.I'm taking this moment to refresh some users memories,and to advise newer members as to how we operate.

As we have asked before,and as you will find in the forum registration thread..When you signed up you have agreed to and been asked not to use offensive language.You also agreed that we have the right to remove or edit said material. This would also include implied language such as substituting characters for letters or using acronym's instead of inappropriate phrases.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene (cursing), vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

We would like for everyone to think about the types of threads/posts they make,and what types of comments they make towards fellow members.If you know a subject may lead to arguments please do not post it.If you are unsure,then PM a mod. for guidance.

We would like for everyone to enjoy the website,and we want to make it a clean place for youth to come to,and learn about hunting.That is what makes our site different than many others on the internet.Since we are a family oriented,and a pro youth forum we must adhere to stricter rules than other forums.We have a higher standard,and most members admire that.

Primos Cabin Chat is core based about hunting.Meaning that 90% of the threads/posts are geared towards hunting.The "On the front Porch" sub-forum is where we discuss other issues.

Please understand these are the goals of the mods.Any threads/posts that violate these stipulations will be removed or edited.We will try our best to contact thread starters about why their threads are going to be locked,removed,or have been removed.

Spam can also be sent by pm from one member to another.Let us know if someone here is spamming your pm box.

Thank you for you .Please contact a mod if you have any questions.Please enjoy the forum!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
longspur
post May 22 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Phillipians 4:13

Member No.: 9,432

I think some are missing the whole point. Politcal threads can still be added to the Front Porch. There is no problem there. The problem is we have had a few, in fact, a very few members, both old and new, who have either used profanity or posted something that was not as family friendly as Primos wanted on their site.

The elk tags were not an issue. Primos has filters in place that we cannot override that put #### in the place of words that Primos does not want shown. There is nothing any of us can do about that.

The rule of thumb I follow for myself, since my eight year old is a frequent visitor, is before I press the "Add Reply" button, I ask myself if this is something I want him to read.
I also ask if this is offensive to anyone else on the site. If he wouldn't be allowed to read it or if I think my words are offensive, I don't post it. It has worked well for me, so far.

Hope this answers any questions. If you have any more, please feel free to PM any Mod or the webmaster.

--------------------
"Only God could make something as beautiful as a strutting gobbler." -Jack Townsend 1ststatehunting
+Quote Post
Randolph Cox
post May 26 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #3

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 3,187

Please PM moderators with any questions or concerns you have with the website. Do not post them in the open forum. Thank you.

--------------------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 10:20 PM