5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Primos Power Dog, Not too impressed...
BAM_dogdown
post Jan 30 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,466

I recently have purchased the primos power dog and i am not too impressed with it..I wish it had more sounds and had a louder volume, I like how u can set it out there a ways to take the attention off of you but it just doesn;t seem loud enough for anything over a few hundred yards to hear..It would be great for hunting inside a woods but I wouldn;t recommend it for open country. I'm definatley wishing I woulda spent my $160 on sometin else...anyone else got any feedback on it?

--------------------
It's always hunting season!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
letsgohuntn
post Jan 30 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #2

>>--BOWHUNTER--->

Member No.: 3,433

I went hunting with one for the first time this winter. My brother n law bought one. I am a Foxpro guy, so I wasnt too impressed either with the volume. I love the coyote sounds on it, but like you state, it is just not loud enough. I think Primos needs to fix the volume issue and it would be a great call. Either that, or have an option of getting an external horn speaker that will carry out the sound...

--------------------
Some people find there closest to God in the Cathedral of the pines....

Kinetic Energy Outdoors

See us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinetic-Ener...467912609945021

+Quote Post
BAM_dogdown
post Jan 30 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 14,466

I would love to get a fox pro fury!!those calls are top of the line! just a little too much $$$$$

--------------------
It's always hunting season!!
+Quote Post
rc2125
post Feb 1 2009, 02:10 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 21,670

I've heard a few folks talk about weak volume. Mine seems to be plenty loud though (big cornfields/bean fields/huge woods/etc), other than the cotton tail sound(it just doesn't carry much, due to the sound itself). The howls carry very far. I can personally compare the power dogg call to a scorpion, fury, nite stalker, gametraks and phantom callers! (had them all this past week!) but my loud enough may be very different than others?

This post has been edited by rc2125: Feb 1 2009, 03:01 AM
+Quote Post
kitchbow
post Feb 1 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 21,760

I was also in ??? of the volume but I walked 400 yards from the call with the female invitation sound on full volume and I could hear it and it was snowing very hard that day and we didn,t call anything in may try again this week ------ kitchbow
+Quote Post
I Hunt 365
post Feb 1 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #6

Follower of Christ; Soldier; Husband & Daddy

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,693

remember, a dog hears way better than you do.....
+Quote Post
Cosack
post Feb 19 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 22,301

In regard to your question about the PD not having volume. This unit only has 4 batteries, compared to others that have more and that is why they have a higher volume. I recently purchased a PD to be used as a back up unit. The call selections are excellent and are clear with high quality. I have had great success with it.

In predator calling, "Loud is not always best". As was mentioned above, a predator's hearing is very good and they can hear the calls from a long distance. The wind is a predator callers enemy. I will use a higher volume when there are high windy conditions or when I'm hunting grey fox and used the grey fox pup sound.

Suggest you get your PD off of the ground, the sound will carry out a lot further. If possible, put it on a rock pile, dirt mount, log, hay bale or hang it from a tree branch. I use a piece of wire in the form of an "S" hook to hang it from a tree branch.
+Quote Post
IvoryDentist
post Feb 19 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #8

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 15,494

Man I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. I sure hope it does good.
+Quote Post
dantheman5420
post Feb 19 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #9

Hunter

Member No.: 18,508

the power dog is a great little beginners call. i have one and called in lots of coyotes. and im in CA where there is lots of open country.

--------------------
Hunting is my passion. No one will ever change that!
+Quote Post
IMINRUT
post Feb 19 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #10

Hunter

Member No.: 3,464

QUOTE(dantheman5420 @ Feb 19 2009, 09:50 AM) *

the power dog is a great little beginners call. i have one and called in lots of coyotes. and im in CA where there is lots of open country.

I don't have a power dog but feel compelled to respond. YOU DO NOT want to call too loudly!!! I try not to call very loud except howls, but I just hunted with a guy who shoots a lot of dogs and he calls very very quietly.

They can hear a long ways off. Plus, the closer they are to you when you call the better chance you have of calling them in.

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 05:40 PM