Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alabama Late Rut
younghunter6
post Dec 19 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #1

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,526

Alabama's rut typically starts in mid January.
Is anybody familiar with how and why the rut starts so late here?
I live in Georgia so I am use to the mid November rut show.
If you are familiar with this then what dates are considered pre-rut,peak rut, and then post-rut?

--------------------
" Passion not an Obsession "
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dixieracn929
post Dec 19 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 20,262

I am from North Carolina, but travel to Pratville just north of Montgomery each year at the end of January. For the past 4 years we have gone between the dates of the 20-30 and each year it is in the end of the pre-rut or at the peak. I can't give you anymore exact dates for this year and would be scared to with how the season is going from people I know across the SE. Seems to be unpredictable except for a few areas. So I hope you can get some more replies for this year as I would like to know also as we are once again heading that way in a month. Hope this did help you out some.
+Quote Post
GreeneCoDeerKiller
post Dec 19 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #3

Turkey thug

Member No.: 2,714

Well here in alabama we have 2 diff. heards of deer, we have a true Al deer that is mostly in south Al., and a Mich. strain whitetail that they transplated in north al. to help the population, so really we have 2 ruts that occur, one in Nov, the other in Jan. The only reason I know of for this is because of our location, being father south, and it not really getting cold till then. But usally we can look for the early signs of the late rut the last part of Dec to the early part of Jan with them really getting after it for the last part of our season.

--------------------
Hunter

"call loud cause I can, soft cause I must, share no secerts, no one I trust, rain or shine it don't matter to me, I'm turkey thug of the 10th degree" -cuz turkey thug intro

When your in the turkey woods from sun rise to sun set, wear out a pair of boots, and 4 cushions every time you go you know you gave it all you had.

www.arrowslinger.com
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 01:22 AM