Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coyote Mating Season?
PSEArcher35
post Dec 8 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,031

When do coyotes have their mating season? and what kind of calls should i use, disress calls, or howls?

--------------------
TEAM SHMOKED 'EM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
coyoteodie
post Dec 8 2008, 03:12 AM
Post #2

Tracker

Member No.: 16,956

January thru February,give or take couple weeks. unsure.gif
I had a little luck with the female invitation howl last weekend,sort of. Was using the Power Dogg,started with a howl got several answers,mixed it with howls from hot dog mouth caller. kept getting answers but nothing showed. 10 mins in went to fem. invt. got barked at from upwind so knew one had found my truck! went on with the female but at 15 mins the darn thing must have gotten cold (temp was 18F) cuz it switched to woodpecker distress on its own! huh.gif Ive never used that one but didnt want to be obvious by switching back and since I was sittin under a tree, I let it run. bout a minute one showed up acting real interested but youll have to decide in which sound cuz I still aint figured it out! I do know I was shivering so hard I rushed the shot and shot over him. dry.gif
Thats the long way around to say I think female invitation might work now.

This post has been edited by coyoteodie: Dec 8 2008, 03:14 AM

--------------------
Otis
+Quote Post
ikillcoyotes223
post Dec 9 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 19,163

I use the hotdog and lil' dog and I do the challenge and invitation howls(during mating season), and i'm not sure if they have already or not but I read in a magazine that here pretty soon some company is comin out with an estrous chirp call to use during mating season. The guy that is coming up with it said when he field tested it that it stopped the yotes on a dime, even the females.

--------------------
Koty

If everyone focused on the more important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
+Quote Post
hilljack
post Dec 9 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #4

Hunter

Member No.: 3,265

They start looking for a mate within the next couple weeks. Several good calling techiques include challage and invitation calls. I have had great success using a foxpro set 100-150 yards out and challange back and forth between the e-call and a mouth call. The local male comes in hot because he has 2 other males fighting in his territory. I also do a female invitation and male challange using the e-call and mouth call.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 02:16 PM