Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wi Rut Forecast - When To Take My Vacation?
EZ-Draw
post Oct 29 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,579

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum here but since my work filter won't let me in Archery Talk anymore I needed to find a new place to hang-out and get my huntin' fix.

This cabin seems to be just the ticket. Unfortunately I have not been able to get into the woods as I've been feaverishly working to get all the fall clean-up b.s. done around the house for winter. I'll be hitting the woods on Friday p.m. though and then the marathon is on.

Wisconsin guys how about a little feedback on how the rut is shaping up. I have a weeks vacation that I have saved for this special time of the year but I am torn between what dates to use it on. Originally I was going to take it from Nov.3 to Nov. 7 and of course I'll be hunting all the weekends but I'm also considering Nov.10-14. I'm starting to lean towards the later date since the long-term forecast shows next week being quite warm 50-60 until late in the week. What's your thoughts 3rd-7th or 10th-14th? I'll be doing full day sits on stand in travel coridors.

This post has been edited by EZ-Draw: Oct 29 2008, 02:56 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
garrickt
post Oct 30 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,028

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'm hunting in Sauk Co. and am taking Nov. 5-10. I sat all day last Saturday. It was very windy but I did rattle in a very nice 8pt in the morning. I always take the 10 day weather forecasts with a grain of salt because they change so much day-to-day. Case in point, on Monday the long term forecast said sunny 54 ENE winds 6 mph for the 5th, now it says rainy and 57 SSW winds at 11mph. Go with your gut.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 08:18 AM