Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Antlers Vs Rattle Bag, WHITETAIL DEER
BUCKWRANGLER25
post Oct 15 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,263

What is everyones oppinion on rattling antlers vs rattle bags,and how to best use each one?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
okbowman
post Oct 15 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #2

Supreme Hunter

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,756

I think they can both be effective. Rattling Antlers tend to produce a little more volume. Whereas, rattling bags tend to be a little on the muffled side simply because of the materials involved.

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Member of '07-'08 Deer Contest Championship Team

Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

Thank God He made all those critters.

God, Family, and Hunting that's what its all about, and if you take your family to the outdoors, you can have all 3 in 1!!!!
+Quote Post
Todd Imiola
post Oct 16 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #3

Supreme Hunter

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 9

They both have their place and time. If I had to choose just one it would be the Big Bucks Bag. I think the sound is authentic and I like that I can slip it in and out of my pocket. I guess the bulk of carrying and putting them aside when they are not getting used is my real antlers concern.

--------------------
Todd Imiola Primos Prostaff (NY)
+Quote Post
Bonecollector
post Oct 18 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 19,412

I USE THE RATTLEBAG FOR A COUPLE OF REASONS, THE BAG IS EASIER TO CARRY INTO THE WOODS AND UP THE TREE THAN A SET OF HORNS. THE BAG SOUNDS REALISTIC AND CAN BE STOWED AWAY QUIETLY, UNLIKE A SET OF HORNS. FOR THOSE OF US THAT HUNT PUBLIC LAND DURING GUN SEASON, YOU MAY BE TAKING YOUR LIFE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS WALKING INTO THE WOODS WITH A SET OF HORNS. HORNS DO HAVE A BIT MORE VOLUME THAN THE RATTLE BAG.

ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU LIKE, I'VE USED BOTH AND HAD SUCCESS. NOW I ONLY USE A GOOD QUALITY RATTLE BAG!
+Quote Post
Hardcore
post Oct 18 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #5

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 1,330

I like the horns over the bag because I have been using them for 40 years. the bags are great for close up deer that you can see but blind rattlin needs to have some sound carry and I like a good set of 8pt with some mass. wink.gif I have also tied them to a string and let them hang under the tree and wiggle them sometimes when a buck is out a ways. It has brought them in for a look. wink.gif

--------------------
team10

+Quote Post
garrickt
post Oct 19 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 5,028

I just bought the Primos rattle bag. I'm not very impressed with it to be honest. When you compare it next to real(not plastic) rattle antlers it doesn't sound very realistic at all. However, I will give them a try because I don't think the deer will stop to evaluate their authenticity and they are very easy to carry.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 07:23 AM