Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elk Bugling Near Stanley Id Unit 36b
airborne3406
post Aug 29 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,155

Im kinda new here and sitting at work waiting for 8 more hours before I can hop in my jeep and head up to my huntin spot. Anyway I was up at my spot last weekend in between challis and stanley idaho and I found my herd and boy are they bugling already! 1 week before the season started! I didnt mean to get that close to them on a scouting trip but sometimes they just appear out of nowhere. We've got a little coldfront and storm coming in on sunday so hopefully that will give us guys and gals hunting idaho some early season action. Good luck to you all and safe hunting

Ross
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ElkFanatic
post Sep 1 2008, 05:11 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 567

Thanks for that great information. I am going to be down around Stanley the 19th to 29th of September! Sounds like we may be havin some FUN !
+Quote Post
jjshoe
post Sep 2 2008, 04:05 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 18,586

QUOTE(airborne3406 @ Aug 29 2008, 08:42 AM) *

Im kinda new here and sitting at work waiting for 8 more hours before I can hop in my jeep and head up to my huntin spot. Anyway I was up at my spot last weekend in between challis and stanley idaho and I found my herd and boy are they bugling already! 1 week before the season started! I didnt mean to get that close to them on a scouting trip but sometimes they just appear out of nowhere. We've got a little coldfront and storm coming in on sunday so hopefully that will give us guys and gals hunting idaho some early season action. Good luck to you all and safe hunting
Ross

I am hunting unit 27 on the middle fork the first week of October. I hope the are not rutting too early. This is going to be a great season and it cant come soon enough!!

This post has been edited by jjshoe: Sep 2 2008, 04:07 AM
+Quote Post
ElkFanatic
post Sep 2 2008, 04:28 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 567

Well - I do not know about early rut but I got a call from my brother - they were hunting Northeast Oregon - got a 6X6 today (September 1, 2008) - he said that this one came in screaming and was in full rut.

This post has been edited by ElkFanatic: Sep 2 2008, 04:29 AM
+Quote Post
nidahoarcher
post Sep 2 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 11,761

I hope they hold off just a little bit. I am hunting the St. Joe Area same days as ElkFanatic is hitting Stanley. Normally, they don't really get going until then but, it is normally hot & dry right now. They may go off earlier. I still think(hope) they will be screamin' when we're up there.

--------------------
www.idahobasspro.com
+Quote Post
jspencer
post Sep 3 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 6,939

We saw 5 on opening morning in Unit 32A, all were still in full velvet. 4 spikes and 1 3x3. Usually they've shed their velvet by now, but these hadn't even started yet. Ended up taking home one of the spikes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:56 PM