Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chicken Distress Call?
Bush Dog
post Nov 30 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,358

Has anyone used a chicken distress call for any preditors? If you have what did you use it for and did it work? I found one and it sounds real good. Just curious. huh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skinnykid
post Nov 30 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #2

Tracker

Member No.: 4,536

use it. It will be another distress sound in your bag of tricks.
The Coyotes won't care. We use various sounds to switch it up, the coyotes don't know the difference, it just sounds yummy to them.
+Quote Post
Bernie Milo
post Dec 22 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 5,421

QUOTE(skinnykid @ Nov 30 2007, 08:55 AM) *

use it. It will be another distress sound in your bag of tricks.
The Coyotes won't care. We use various sounds to switch it up, the coyotes don't know the difference, it just sounds yummy to them.

Skinnykid, People ask questions in hopes of having someone with experience answer their question. You still like to imply that you have experience when you haven't called and killed a single coyote despite having one of the most expensive callers available. The so called "best" caller, rifles and accessories are not what it takes to call and kill coyotes and other predators as evidenced by your lack of any success. Despite years of trying with what you consider the best equipment you are still trying to get your first coyote. Please, once and for all stop trying to pass yourself off as knowing what you are doing when it is clear you have no clue.

Now, to answer the question. Yes, I have actually used the chicken in distress sound multiple times. Yes, it has worked. I have most often used it in a suburban areas. The reason I liked that sound in those instances is because it was a sound that domestic dogs in the area had heard before and wouldn't go off on a barking/howling fit like they do when you use rabbit distress sounds. The sound can be made on an enclosed reed call or of course a recording can be played on an e-caller.
+Quote Post
IMINRUT
post Dec 23 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #4

Hunter

Member No.: 3,464

I'd think it'd have to work, but I've never been able to call one in with that sound. This year I've had some success with the plain old cottontail and tons of success with the pup in distress and whimpering coyote sounds. Always after howling a bit and sitting put for 5 minutes or so. All of the dogs I've called in were first brought in by howling. They always hang back a few hundred yards in the country I hunt. Then I hit the distress sounds. Don't forget the fawn in distress stuff too.

I've been useing a e-caller exclusively for the last 4 hunts. Maybe chicken sounds will be my next try. Hopefully it will work better on the foxpro than it did on my JS.

Sounds like it'd be a great bobcat sound.

--------------------
Photobucket
+Quote Post
guess
post Dec 23 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #5

Hunter

Member No.: 1,873

I have had some success with chicken distress, nearly always near old farms and country homes.

the mention of dogs hanging up while howling is exactly why I only use howling as a last resort. If you happen to call in younger coyotes they will be very cautious . I have seen alpha's respond in an aggressive manner but the rest tend to hang up .

--------------------
ignorance is just another varmint that needs killin"
Glenn Guess

official scorer for Texas Wildlife Association
+Quote Post
skinnykid
post Dec 26 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #6

Tracker

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Bernie Milo @ Dec 22 2007, 03:14 PM) *

Skinnykid, People ask questions in hopes of having someone with experience answer their question. You still like to imply that you have experience when you haven't called and killed a single coyote despite having one of the most expensive callers available. The so called "best" caller, rifles and accessories are not what it takes to call and kill coyotes and other predators as evidenced by your lack of any success. Despite years of trying with what you consider the best equipment you are still trying to get your first coyote. Please, once and for all stop trying to pass yourself off as knowing what you are doing when it is clear you have no clue.

Your just a tool. Nothing else needed.

Bushdog, thanks for the PM, your right!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 04:49 PM