Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calling Bobcats
Bush Dog
post Nov 25 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,358

Hey, I havn't been talking on the chat for a while but I was wondering if any of you could help me with calling bobcats? I have not tried it yet but have called a couple out of season on accident. Just want to know some techniques and calls to use. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skinnykid
post Nov 25 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Tracker

Member No.: 4,536

Bird sounds or busy sounds work good for Bobcat. Also a motion decoy works well since Cats need a bit more lureing.

Be patient, they take a while to approuch.
+Quote Post
varmintexterminator
post Nov 25 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 12,771

One thing to keep in mind if you have specifically cats in mind is, are there any in the area, and if so how many. Cats have about a 40 mile home radius. That is much broader than a yote's, therefore, that is why it is yotes come in more often than cats. Skinnykid is right on the birds. I use a "Yellowhammer Woodpecker" call that works really good. I called in a nice tom about 2 weeks ago using the jack rabbit distress on the primos "Ki-Yi". I really like the "Verminators" calls. The "Tweety, Long Range Tweety, and Psycho Tweety" are all excellent for cats. I use all 3 of them. Go to www.arkyyoter.net this guy makes some awsome custom calls. He has one called "kat Kaller" it is amazing on cats. I have called in big tom's with raspy jack rabbit distress calls, so it is hard to tell. I find a lot of cats around the river bottoms, and rocky, thick stuff. I have never used a decoy, but it couldn't hurt to try. By the way, you can coax a cat in, it just takes patience because they like to scan the area. They may sit in one sport for 5-10 min before moving in any closer. So, have patience, or be able to take those long shots. Good hunting!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:46 PM